Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Dude seriously 49er fans? f**king grow up over removing some insta picks. Anyone doing this is a POS and isn't a fan.

What did he think was going to happen? lol

For every action, there is a positive and negative reaction.

The zone is a perfect example of this

Anyone who did that is a pathetic piece of s**t.

The fact that there's an "lol" after what did he think was going to happen is telling and troubling.

That comment implies Deebo deserves it.

SMH
Maybe he does maybe he doesn't

But this is the way of social media.. surprised.. i'm not

What makes you say deebo may have deserved racist comments and death threats?
I didn't

See above
I see you are back and still can't comprehend. Nowhere does it say he deserves it

Didn't you post "maybe he does and maybe he doesn't" deserve it?
Comprehension will tell you that I don't have a dog in that fight with that statement. And it was towards my original statement on.. "now days, Every action is followed by a positive/negative reaction"

That's dumb and you absolutely said that he might have deserved racial slurs and death threats.

Anyhow, it is all quoted above for posterity. Carry on.
Dude seriously 49er fans? f**king grow up over removing some insta picks. Anyone doing this is a POS and isn't a fan.

The fact that there's an "lol" after what did he think was going to happen is telling and troubling.

SMH

I didn't

See above
I see you are back and still can't comprehend. Nowhere does it say he deserves it

Comprehension will tell you that I don't have a dog in that fight with that statement. And it was towards my original statement on.. "now days, Every action is followed by a positive/negative reaction"

That's dumb and you absolutely said that he might have deserved racial slurs and death threats.

Wouldn't that also mean he deserves all the positive posts also
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Yea. You think Deebo is easily replaceable which it crazy funny. Good luck with that.

His production is replaceable. It will look different but the production will be replaced. I promise you if Trey plays competently our yardage/scoring production as a team won't be much different than years past. It will just look different.

Which I think it will regardless whether he's here or not. For the record I fully expect him to be.
With better QB play.. deebo won't be the focal point anymore

there's only one ball

He is the best WR on the team.

And he doesn't deserve to be called racial slurs or receive death threats.

best player on the team maybe.. and of course no way anyone can justify the slurs and threats. i have read earlier in this thread from a few guys .. well. deebo has to get used to it. its life in the nfl... i just spit up

Should those folks making death threats be charged and prosecuted for terroristic threatening and hate crimes? Hell yes. Should pro athletes grow thick skin if they choose to be on social media? Hell yes. Both can be true at the same time.

SMH

I didn't

See above

You're late by a couple days...

A bunch of us saw it, some questioned it, he explained himself and it was understandable. 49ATT ain't one of these extremist dudes (you know what I mean) so no reason to even go there.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Can't pay him till Scrub G is gone right?
i have been told this is not the case.. still at the same time.. nothing good comes out of jimmy still being on this team for whatever reason. letting deebo drag out and keeping jimmy is just a disaster forming in my opinion

Been 20 years since we had an all pro WR, and now people wanna trade him.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
i have been told this is not the case.. still at the same time.. nothing good comes out of jimmy still being on this team for whatever reason. letting deebo drag out and keeping jimmy is just a disaster forming in my opinion

Because he attracts racist people and he wants too much money.
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Sounds like his fans hate him too

All part of the negotiation side of things - deleting all team stuff from your social media, threatening to sit out practice, fans turning on you because you're not taking a team friendly deal, getting death threats
No one has to scrub their accounts, to negotiate.

No one has to offer a crappy deal either. It goes both ways.
Colin Coward is right. If you can get the right deal I would consider trading him. You don't have to do it. But you could float it out there to see what you can get. You can always say no.

His playing style doesn't lend itself to longevity. He hasn't always been healthy. Just last year when he put up the big numbers. Paying him a huge amount guaranteed only to have him get injured would be disastrous. Which could easily happen.

If you can make a huge haul on a trade I would at least consider it.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Sounds like his fans hate him too

All part of the negotiation side of things - deleting all team stuff from your social media, threatening to sit out practice, fans turning on you because you're not taking a team friendly deal, getting death threats
No one has to scrub their accounts, to negotiate.

No one has to offer a crappy deal either. It goes both ways.
No one knows the offer or even an offer has been made
Hope deboo gets every dollar he can get. Get paid

I'd sit out too if I were him. He's trying to get paid. Why risk injury for some off season practice? We talkin bout practice. Not the game. Not the game he loves. Practice.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Because he attracts racist people and he wants too much money.

lol wut
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Pay the man.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Colin Coward is right. If you can get the right deal I would consider trading him. You don't have to do it. But you could float it out there to see what you can get. You can always say no.

His playing style doesn't lend itself to longevity. He hasn't always been healthy. Just last year when he put up the big numbers. Paying him a huge amount guaranteed only to have him get injured would be disastrous. Which could easily happen.

If you can make a huge haul on a trade I would at least consider it.

This is the type of thought that drives me crazy with this fanbase. We're so pathetic sometimes.

People point to the Rams about how they just want to win and going after all these proven vets with no regards to their draft picks. Those same people then come back with the "Well you can't pay this guy what he wants, smarter to trade him"

Which one is it? You want to win or you want to get draft picks which can prove to be busts?

His playing style doesn't lend itself to longevity...you giving him a 10 year contract? WTF we doing here. Deebo pretty much WAS our offense last year. It was also the first year he's admitted to really growing in terms of maintaining his body for the season. I'm betting on that guy all day every day and twice on Sunday.

Fans want to bash him cuz he's doing all these negotiation tactics and isn't just out there saying he'll play for the 49ers for free are ridiculous.

How many other WRs would've done what he did last year and had 0 issue with it? He was up there in receiving yards through halfway into the season with Kupp. He then goes to more RB than WR the 2nd half of the season and he never once complained about it. And some of our fans want to question his leadership and commitment? What a joke.

Pay this kid. If he gets injured then it's part of the game. You know you're getting a talented kid who gives our team an identity which helps us win football games. Don't be stupid and trade him for unknowns. You draft guys like this in the hopes that they earn themselves top tier contracts.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I'd sit out too if I were him. He's trying to get paid. Why risk injury for some off season practice? We talkin bout practice. Not the game. Not the game he loves. Practice.

This particular "camp" isn't even a normal practice. It's basically conditioning drills. The guy was our whole offense last year. Playing WR and RB. I think his conditioning wasn't an issue.
Share 49ersWebzone