NE gets Deebo

SF gets #21
SF gets 2023 1st

yay or nay
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
AJ brown apparently has taken down some Tenn stuff from his social media accounts. Same agent as Deebo
then we automatically condemn brown to be a diva. greedy and a bad team mate who was only a product of the system he played for and the coach who coached him

Sounds like that's what his "fans" are doing all the same.

bunch of dummies

of all the silly things being said about deebo and there are many.... the one where some claim kyle is responsible for the success of deebo is near the top of dumb
Plays created for Deebo
Switching Deebo to RB

Deebo making the best of it

it takes two to tango
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
NE gets Deebo

SF gets #21
SF gets 2023 1st

yay or nay

no, get rid of jimmy you can sign deebo
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
NE gets Deebo

SF gets #21
SF gets 2023 1st

yay or nay

You can sign him today with JG... the extension hits future cap years not this upcoming season..
NE gets Deebo

SF gets #21
SF gets 2023 1st

yay or nay

f**k no.

I would take that paper napkin offer back to NE and ask them to come up with a real offer.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
i think they are going to wait until after the draft to sign him. maybe they think if they get a guy they think can replace him in the draft they can trade him. they would get a big haul for him if they trade him this year while his value is up. That having been said I hope they sign him. Dude is a baller.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
NE gets Deebo

SF gets #21
SF gets 2023 1st

yay or nay

get rid of jimmy and sign deebo.. you then remove your 2 big distractions this team does not need. sounds easy to say over the internet.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Andra:
i think they are going to wait until after the draft to sign him. maybe they think if they get a guy they think can replace him in the draft they can trade him. they would get a big haul for him if they trade him this year while his value is up. That having been said I hope they sign him. Dude is a baller.

its all well and good for kyle to call plays for him.. but kyle can not go out and execute them in the effective and violent way deebo can. maybe some rookie can just waltz in and do what deebo can do for 4 years. before we have to dump him because. god forbid. he wants more money.... but i am not willing to take that huge risk. no offense to the ego of kyle or lynch or whoever is pulling the team strings
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by 8to81:
This is the type of thought that drives me crazy with this fanbase. We're so pathetic sometimes.

People point to the Rams about how they just want to win and going after all these proven vets with no regards to their draft picks. Those same people then come back with the "Well you can't pay this guy what he wants, smarter to trade him"

Which one is it? You want to win or you want to get draft picks which can prove to be busts?

His playing style doesn't lend itself to longevity...you giving him a 10 year contract? WTF we doing here. Deebo pretty much WAS our offense last year. It was also the first year he's admitted to really growing in terms of maintaining his body for the season. I'm betting on that guy all day every day and twice on Sunday.

Fans want to bash him cuz he's doing all these negotiation tactics and isn't just out there saying he'll play for the 49ers for free are ridiculous.

How many other WRs would've done what he did last year and had 0 issue with it? He was up there in receiving yards through halfway into the season with Kupp. He then goes to more RB than WR the 2nd half of the season and he never once complained about it. And some of our fans want to question his leadership and commitment? What a joke.

Pay this kid. If he gets injured then it's part of the game. You know you're getting a talented kid who gives our team an identity which helps us win football games. Don't be stupid and trade him for unknowns. You draft guys like this in the hopes that they earn themselves top tier contracts.
Using the Rams as an argument for paying Deebo or even Kittle for that matter is off base. They haven't paid out any huge deals to WR's, TE's or positions like that. They put money into the defense and a QB. Then they traded draft picks for vets to fill out the roster.

It's going to be hard paying Deebo, Kittle, Bosa, Warner, Trent and Lance (once his rookie deal is up).

It's not off base. They went with proven vets over unknowns in the draft.

Trading Deebo for unknowns because you're afraid to pay him for what may happen is incredibly stupid. The guy brought an identity to the team last year which catapulted them for a deep playoff run. Where do you think we are without Deebo last year?

Yes it's hard to pay everyone but by the time Trey is getting his 2nd deal there is a lot of wiggle room to get things done.

I saw someone claim I'd trade Deebo for 2 firsts and a 2nd rounder right away....and maybe that is a deal too hard to give up but you could also wind up with Solomon Thomas, Reuben Foster and Dante Pettis with those picks. Now I happen to love 2 of those 3 picks and I still think highly of them as people(you can make the connection of who i'm talking about) but they were not very good players for us.

Deebo is a proven stud. You pay him and you make it work until you cannot make it work any longer and THEN you trade guys.

Last 3 seasons we had a trip to the SB, top 15 pick, trip to the NFC Championship game.

The one year where it was a disaster Deebo and Bosa both missed lots of time. These are the types of guys you keep. They're both total tone setters for each side of the team.

YEp.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Buckner wasn't our best player in 2019. When he was our best player our defense was not very good...that's why the team decided to move him.

He's always been our most consistent player amongst the D-line though. It was a mistake trading him. Fortunately, we have Bosa dominating for us.

Consistent in what? When he was the best player on our defense we were 32nd, 25th and 28th in points allowed and 32nd, 24th and 13th in yards allowed.

In 2019 when we added guys like Bosa, Ford, Kwon and Warner took a step forward we jumped to 8th in points allowed and 2nd in yards allowed.

In 2020 after trading him and getting killed with injuries we were still 17th in points allowed and 5th in yards allowed.
Last year we were 9th in points, 3rd in yards allowed.

Trading him did not break this team like some have claimed.

He lead the team with 12 sacks through 2018 ( Before the days of Bosa too ) Consistent with his performance and his ability to stay healthy. When was the last time we had a DT as good as Buck?. We replaced him with someone who's considered raw and has Injury concerns. Not good, but we'll see.

Anyway, back to Deebo since it's his thread.

Originally posted by pdizo916:
NE gets Deebo

SF gets #21
SF gets 2023 1st

yay or nay

f**k no.

I would take that paper napkin offer back to NE and ask them to come up with a real offer.

Lol that would be a terrible trade. It's only a matter of time until he's extended.
I'd let this dude write his own contract. Deebo is 1/1
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
NE gets Deebo

SF gets #21
SF gets 2023 1st

yay or nay

You can sign him today with JG... the extension hits future cap years not this upcoming season..

then the FO is yanking his dick around lol
NE gets Deebo

SF gets #21
SF gets 2023 1st

yay or nay

then the FO is yanking his dick around lol

Lol maybe he's asking for too much? 🤔
NE gets Deebo

SF gets #21
SF gets 2023 1st

yay or nay

no.
Share 49ersWebzone