LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Deebo Samuel-WR-South Carolina

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I can't imagine a universe where we trade Deebo. Would be the dumbest thing ever. Sometimes you gotta break the bank on greatness. Imagine us trading Jerry as he was sliding into his prime. I get that money and contracts are different in today's game, but come on pay the man and stop this nonsense.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
His post was succinct and to the point. You seem like the one panicking to me.

this post yes. the previous one not so much

Then comment on whatever post you think I'm panicking about....he's either gonna get paid here, get traded, or play out his rookie deal. Is what it is.

I'm not gonna throw a hissy fit because he took down some pictures and wants to get paid top end money. I'm not gonna call him a diva all while acting like a diva in the process.
Originally posted by Silky:
I can't imagine a universe where we trade Deebo. Would be the dumbest thing ever. Sometimes you gotta break the bank on greatness. Imagine us trading Jerry as he was sliding into his prime. I get that money and contracts are different in today's game, but come on pay the man and stop this nonsense.

From what I read out of that AS report was that he doesn't want to get paid by SF "yet" implying he is gonna wait for DK/Scary Terry/AJ to sign first so he can get more than those dudes. He (his agent) has the inside track to two of those players contract negations because he shares the the same agent with DK/AJ.

His last insta story said he's all about being patient...of course SF wants to sign him right now before those other deals get done. I saw another report saying that they spoke to people close to Deebo and they knew nothing about wanting to get traded.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
lol nope.... it's just you.

I'm just annoyed of the hypocritical nonsense. People calling him a diva for wanting to get paid all while acting like crybaby divas about the whole situation themselves.

As far as FGTD vs APY yeah how about people use common sense instead of worrying about fake money? Complaining about APY end of the day is pointless and a waste of time.

I don't believe he's being called a diva because he wants to get paid. I believe it's because of how it seems to be playing out. We have had players here recently that showed up to camp while negotiating. They still got paid. For him to scrub his SM and then his brother may or may not have posted something. Then Adam Schefter posting what he posted. All the while to my knowledge Deebo has corrected a single report.

Yes other players around the league have used the same strategy to get paid. It very well may be the cool thing to do nowadays. That doesn't make it any less "Diva-ish".

I for one could care less about any of this. It's going to play out the way it plays out. If he stays great if he leaves we'll be fine all the same IMO.
and this was another comment from his brother (after the fact) talking to someone in his DMs

Said he's not going anywhere.
Originally posted by krizay:
I don't believe he's being called a diva because he wants to get paid. I believe it's because of how it seems to be playing out. We have had players here recently that showed up to camp while negotiating. They still got paid. For him to scrub his SM and then his brother may or may not have posted something. Then Adam Schefter posting what he posted. All the while to my knowledge Deebo has corrected a single report.

Yes other players around the league have used the same strategy to get paid. It very well may be the cool thing to do nowadays. That doesn't make it any less "Diva-ish".

I for one could care less about any of this. It's going to play out the way it plays out. If he stays great if he leaves we'll be fine all the same IMO.

Who showed up to OTAs in May? There was no on field OTAs when Kittle/Warner were going through their stuff (COVID). If there was on field stuff you damn well know they wouldn't be out there and shouldn't be.

His brother literally said he was trolling...he's since backtracked on everything he said and actually posted he's not going anywhere

Schefter said doesn't want to sign "yet" meaning he doesn't want to sign the deal he currently has and is waiting to see what the other guys get paid first. I wouldn't call that being a diva, I call it business. Instead of looking through the lens of a fan, look through the lens of a player/agent.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 20, 2022 at 6:28 AM ]
and this was another comment from his brother (after the fact) talking to someone in his DMs

Said he's not going anywhere.

That doesn't generate as many clicks
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

He's probably pissed because they low balled him - it'll get done.
We've already lost good players this off-season. We haven't been able to do much in free agency because we're unable to trade Jimmy G right now. After all that, if we trade our best player, then this is one of the worst off seasons ever. Niners need to get a deal done with Deebo.

Who showed up to OTAs in May? There was no on field OTAs when Kittle/Warner were going through their stuff (COVID). If there was on field stuff you damn well know they wouldn't be out there and shouldn't be.

His brother literally said he was trolling...he's since backtracked on everything he said and actually posted he's not going anywhere

Schefter said doesn't want to sign "yet" meaning he doesn't want to sign the deal he currently has and is waiting to see what the other guys get paid first. I wouldn't call that being a diva, I call it business. Instead of looking through the lens of a fan, look through the lens of a player/agent.

Where there is smoke there is usually fire. Reporter comes out and says he wants to move on. Brother posts he's asking for a trade. He won't be a 9er. As with everything in life, we all see what we want to see. I for one see smoke.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by communist:
His first stellar season and he is acting like Antonio Brown. No, thanks, trade him as long as he has got some value.

@ acting like AB...you seriously cannot make this sh!t up
To me, he is acting like an a..hole.
His first stellar season and he is acting like Antonio Brown. No, thanks, trade him as long as he has got some value.

What the f**k are you talking about? Did Deebo throw chairs off a hotel balcony? Did sexually assault someone?

Quit acting like a baby because a football player wants to get paid.
Don't have any problem that any player in any sports wanna get paid.
However, I've got a problem with his approach. It tells a lot about his character, he seems to be a headache.
Don't have any problem that any player in any sports wanna get paid.
However, I've got a problem with his approach. It tells a lot about his character, he seems to be a headache.

How so?? Because he scrubbed the team off of his social media? Lol..
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Dude is an elite playmaker. He accounted for 30% of the offenses TD's this past season.

BECAUSE OUR QB WAS MEDIOCRE.

With Trey we don't need him. I'd replace Deebo with a speedster.
Share 49ersWebzone