LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 206 users in the forums

CB Jason Verrett IS BACK on IR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Wouldn't mind having him back, would be great for the team. Appears that we're trying to sign him.
come home
The answer as to why he wanted to come here, or why Shanahan wants him here, may be found in the overall PFF ratings for the Texans CBs v the 49ers.

Texans have the overall #12, 15 tie, and 45 playing regularly, and Derek Stingley II, their #1 pick from last season coming back from IR.

The 49ers have #15 tie, 62, 63, and Ambry Thomas just starting to get reps over Oliver. Thomas played well last game but has also had some "moments."

Comparing those two rosters, it is clear why JV would desire to go someplace where he might get some PT. He wasn't going to displace any of those top four in Houston but could be valuable, experienced depth here.
[ Edited by dj43 on Nov 17, 2023 at 3:19 PM ]
Love the move. If he's 70% of what he was he's our #2 CB, 90% would be our #1. Just please stay healthy, man.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
https://x.com/thesfniners/status/1725636138222981166?s=46
[ Edited by jimrat on Nov 17, 2023 at 6:14 PM ]
Originally posted by jimrat:

The moment this guy steps on a football field, one of his knees will fly off.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I'm all chubbed up!!! Even if he is 75% what he was in 2020 that's still better than most backup cbs in the league and even some starters.

I can't stand Ambry being so inconsistent so this may be good insurance for our playoff run
I'm gonna have to ask you to move this into NinerTalk mmmmmkkkkkkkk. That would be greatttttttttt
really hope he will be able to stay healthy no matter what happens. the players have so much respect for this dude and if he was healthy and had been he'd be the #1 CB, at the very least the #2 no question

We'll see how it goes, but if by some miracle he's healthy and still athletic, he's an upgrade somewhere. If he's close to what he was before injury he's a starter.
it was meant to be! destiny
How can we sign him to our practice squad? I thought you can't take someone from another teams practice squad unless you put him on 53 man roster.
Originally posted by Alfienator:
How can we sign him to our practice squad? I thought you can't take someone from another teams practice squad unless you put him on 53 man roster.

Wasn't he released?
Originally posted by TyCore:
Originally posted by Alfienator:

Wasn't he released?

Oh! Yeah then that makes sense. Thought he was still in Texans practice squad.
Share 49ersWebzone