LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 256 users in the forums

CB Jason Verrett IS BACK on IR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If the Niners are interested then I wonder what the issues are. Is another team involved?
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
If the Niners are interested then I wonder what the issues are. Is another team involved?

see my post #3874.
This guy should really be on the practice squad by now
Originally posted by mattster03:

if he was then expect his achilles/acl to be torn the next day.
Originally posted by jimmy3233:

Or lightning strikes and we get another 2020 season out of him
Originally posted by jimmy3233:

Or lightning strikes and we get another 2020 season out of him

what is more likely? id say injury sadly, great guy just not meamt to play pro sports long due to his body/genes
I wonder if the hold up is that he wants to be on the active roster. Maybe he asked to be released from Texans PS for same reason. Dude's time is running down and he wants to play. If they don't see a future with Oliver at safety, I say sign Verrett to the 53.
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by TyCore:
How can we sign him to our practice squad? I thought you can't take someone from another teams practice squad unless you put him on 53 man roster.

Wasn't he released?

Oh! Yeah then that makes sense. Thought he was still in Texans practice squad.

I read the WZ article and it's not clear if he wants PS or a roster spot. If it's a roster spot then we're probably putting in league minimum with incentives per games played and any other protections to injury we can think of.
Surely if he's regained his speed and agility he can't tear an ACl or Achilles anymore. No one can have that much bad luck.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by TyCore:
How can we sign him to our practice squad? I thought you can't take someone from another teams practice squad unless you put him on 53 man roster.

Wasn't he released?

Oh! Yeah then that makes sense. Thought he was still in Texans practice squad.

I read the WZ article and it's not clear if he wants PS or a roster spot. If it's a roster spot then we're probably putting in league minimum with incentives per games played and any other protections to injury we can think of.
Surely if he's regained his speed and agility he can't tear an ACl or Achilles anymore. No one can have that much bad luck.

I think he's torn each individual ligament and they say they get stronger once you tear them. So this checks out.
Probably has to do with guarantees/incentives. I really wonder what he has left though. Hard to believe DR just cuts him if he was ready to contribute
[ Edited by lamontb on Nov 21, 2023 at 6:15 PM ]

Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

see my post #3874.

That's a very interesting take. He definitely can make an impact if healthy.
I'm getting blue 🏀 ⚽️ over here. Let's go Verrett just sign to the practice squad already. You'll get called up come playoff time
Any news?
I think timing has been the biggest hold up if both sides want to get it done.

We opened the practice window for multiple players to see whether they could contribute this year (including 2 DB's)
We had a run of short term OL injuries that required a bit of attention
We lost two safeties, including a special teams ace for the season in as many weeks

I think they're more worried about fixing the squad balance and getting that right moving forward first. We'll see if there's room for Verrett after all that's said and done.
thought we would of signed this dude already, but guess not. Maybe Ambry Thomas's insurgence helped slow that down.
[ Edited by braap49er on Nov 30, 2023 at 7:46 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone