CB Jason Verrett IS BACK on IR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by Patton:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
I dig it. Don't see how it can hurt us.

I just hope it doesn't get him hurt.

Dude had one healthy season for us, I hope if he's signed, he finds a way to contribute and stays healthy.

Not getting beat deep would be a plus too, lol.

He's better than most and opposite Mooney (if healthy) could be good. I'm guessing this is insurance especially if Mooney Ward has to sit out any time.

At this point, let's just win out and rest the guys that need it and take a healthy team into the playoffs
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Wow just in time I guess.

So Verrett and Ryan signed!!! Now thats some serious depth!!! Hopefully Verrett can contribute and stay healthy for the last 4 games!!
Welcome back!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

So Verrett and Ryan signed!!! Now thats some serious depth!!! Hopefully Verrett can contribute and stay healthy for the last 4 games!!

Agreed

protect him until the playoffs. but welcome back

Hope to see them on the field more then Oliver, I said earlier we can have Ryan play the slot like Ward did last year if DLo has to play the outside bc C Ward is hurt, Verrett will be great depth for outside CB.
JV always seemed like a good dude with bad luck. Let's get him a ring.
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Hope to see them on the field more then Oliver, I said earlier we can have Ryan play the slot like Ward did last year if DLo has to play the outside bc C Ward is hurt, Verrett will be great depth for outside CB.

This should be a good test for Purdy if Wad cannot go and the D gives up some points
Time to dust off the old jersey
NICE. I was screaming to sign him as soon as I saw Ward go down

Originally posted by Overkill:
JV always seemed like a good dude with bad luck. Let's get him a ring.

Yes, let's.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
One more ride, old man. Stay healthy and let's see what you got!
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Last time he played was during Covid with no fans so he didn't even get to hear the roar of the crowd. Holy crap I am really pulling for him to make this happen
Verrett is a wonderful story and human being but his body is absolutely torched, especially for a CBC. Great person and presence to have in the locker room but in no way do we want this guy seeing the field.
I feel like he will end up being a hell of a coach someday. He has that vibe
Share 49ersWebzone