LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 225 users in the forums

CB Jason Verrett IS BACK on IR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Welcome Back LOCKDOWN GOD.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Hopefully gets to play soon. Would want him to get some reps in before the playoffs start.
Originally posted by DrEll:
Hopefully gets to play soon. Would want him to get some reps in before the playoffs start.

I feel sorry for whomever hes going to line up against.... shouldn't even practice since they won't catch a single pass.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Verrett is a wonderful story and human being but his body is absolutely torched, especially for a CBC. Great person and presence to have in the locker room but in no way do we want this guy seeing the field.
Verrett is a wonderful story and human being but his body is absolutely torched, especially for a CBC. Great person and presence to have in the locker room but in no way do we want this guy seeing the field.

Truest statement in this thread.

It's great that Verrett is available and willing to give it a go, but I don't expect anything from him at all as far as producing quality 1 on 1 plays that will win us games. If anything I consider him a liability.

I'd be happy for him to prove me wrong though.
hey, at this time of the year if the dude can fill in on key third down's in the slot here and there it will all be worth it... we don't know what he has left until he gets on the field
We must have finally given him what he wanted.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
We must have finally given him what he wanted.

His own recovery suite after surgery

Seriously, good luck Jason 🙏

Maybe, but this could have been said the first time we signed him and then he played at a really high level in 2020. I don't think we can rely on a contribution from him, but who knows what he has left.

Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Maybe, but this could have been said the first time we signed him and then he played at a really high level in 2020. I don't think we can rely on a contribution from him, but who knows what he has left.

That was 3 years and 2 or 3 injuries ago though. He's 3 years older and has had devastating season enders to his legs. You want this guy matching up on AJ Brown or DK Metcalf...or anyone for that matter? No thanks.

A fine player to have in the room and help teach; nothing should be expected or wanted beyond that or this team is in deeeep trouble.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

That was 3 years and 2 or 3 injuries ago though. He's 3 years older and has had devastating season enders to his legs. You want this guy matching up on AJ Brown or DK Metcalf...or anyone for that matter? No thanks.

A fine player to have in the room and help teach; nothing should be expected or wanted beyond that or this team is in deeeep trouble.

Lol
I want Marcus Peters too if Ward is out for a few weeks. We can't let injuries destroy our SB this year
Originally posted by elguapo:
I want Marcus Peters too if Ward is out for a few weeks. We can't let injuries destroy our SB this year

Would be a good pickup, not sure what happens with Peters, would love him, and Ertz, but just worried about the 2024 cap, don't want to spend too much of the current $38M cap room, now that the cap will be $242M-ish, and not $256M-ish, need all that cap room to rollover.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by elguapo:

Would be a good pickup, not sure what happens with Peters, would love him, and Ertz, but just worried about the 2024 cap, don't want to spend too much of the current $38M cap room, now that the cap will be $242M-ish, and not $256M-ish, need all that cap room to rollover.

Yeah he shouldn't be that expensive. As far as Ertz goes we can sign him for this year only (or cut him next year right?)

At this point we have to anticipate getting injured like always and insulate ourselves so it won't cost us another SB
Share 49ersWebzone