LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 205 users in the forums

CB Jason Verrett IS BACK on IR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Verrett is a wonderful story and human being but his body is absolutely torched, especially for a CBC. Great person and presence to have in the locker room but in no way do we want this guy seeing the field.

Maybe, but this could have been said the first time we signed him and then he played at a really high level in 2020. I don't think we can rely on a contribution from him, but who knows what he has left.

That was 3 years and 2 or 3 injuries ago though. He's 3 years older and has had devastating season enders to his legs. You want this guy matching up on AJ Brown or DK Metcalf...or anyone for that matter? No thanks.

A fine player to have in the room and help teach; nothing should be expected or wanted beyond that or this team is in deeeep trouble.

Lol

You can laugh I'm just being objectively honest.
Verrett is a wonderful story and human being but his body is absolutely torched, especially for a CBC. Great person and presence to have in the locker room but in no way do we want this guy seeing the field.

Maybe, but this could have been said the first time we signed him and then he played at a really high level in 2020. I don't think we can rely on a contribution from him, but who knows what he has left.

That was 3 years and 2 or 3 injuries ago though. He's 3 years older and has had devastating season enders to his legs. You want this guy matching up on AJ Brown or DK Metcalf...or anyone for that matter? No thanks.

A fine player to have in the room and help teach; nothing should be expected or wanted beyond that or this team is in deeeep trouble.

Lol

No you're making an assumption there's a difference
Major respect to this dude for deciding to give it another go. The mental toughness to work his way back again cannot be overstated.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Let's get him a SB ring as a present.

Lol

No you're making an assumption there's a difference

His age and injury history are facts. He was released from the Texans practice squad a month ago. That is a fact.

I'm not making some baseless assumption. Knowing the above to be true, it's more than reasonable to make a determination that his current physical ability to play the position at a level that would be needed (should he see the field) is dubious at best. If it wasn't, he'd be playing.
His age and injury history are facts. He was released from the Texans practice squad a month ago. That is a fact.

I'm not making some baseless assumption. Knowing the above to be true, it's more than reasonable to make a determination that his current physical ability to play the position at a level that would be needed (should he see the field) is dubious at best. If it wasn't, he'd be playing.

Houston released him because they have three good CBs who are playing well, including Derek Stingley Jr who had just come off IR. They didn't need him so Ryans did him a solid by releasing him and letting Lynch know of his physical condition and ability to play at a high level again. If he wasn't, Ryans would not have made the recommendation. Remember, Shanahan said they had received good reports from Houston.
Originally posted by dj43:

Houston released him because they have three good CBs who are playing well, including Derek Stingley Jr who had just come off IR. They didn't need him so Ryans did him a solid by releasing him and letting Lynch know of his physical condition and ability to play at a high level again. If he wasn't, Ryans would not have made the recommendation. Remember, Shanahan said they had received good reports from Houston.

I'll gladly eat crow. He's a guy you absolutely want to root for, I'm just tempering any sort of expectations.
Originally posted by titan:

present for what?
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

present for what?

For signing and solidifying the CB position.

present for what?

when did he do that?

present for what?

when did he do that?

Lmao 🤣 Exactly!!
Originally posted by dj43:

I'll gladly eat crow. He's a guy you absolutely want to root for, I'm just tempering any sort of expectations.

Sadly i'm with you on this. I dont think dude has much left in the tank. But sure will be happy if he does
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Patton:

present for what?

when did he do that?

Lmao 🤣 Exactly!!

When he signed. He is our best CB at this time

present for what?

when did he do that?

Lmao 🤣 Exactly!!

When he signed. He is our best CB at this time

What?? Is this a poor attempt at a joke? You might want to rethink that statement lol
  • titan
  • Veteran
What?? Is this a poor attempt at a joke? You might want to rethink that statement lol

Im sticking to it.
Share 49ersWebzone