LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 210 users in the forums

CB Jason Verrett IS BACK on IR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
His age and injury history are facts. He was released from the Texans practice squad a month ago. That is a fact.

I'm not making some baseless assumption. Knowing the above to be true, it's more than reasonable to make a determination that his current physical ability to play the position at a level that would be needed (should he see the field) is dubious at best. If it wasn't, he'd be playing.

Houston released him because they have three good CBs who are playing well, including Derek Stingley Jr who had just come off IR. They didn't need him so Ryans did him a solid by releasing him and letting Lynch know of his physical condition and ability to play at a high level again. If he wasn't, Ryans would not have made the recommendation. Remember, Shanahan said they had received good reports from Houston.

I'll gladly eat crow. He's a guy you absolutely want to root for, I'm just tempering any sort of expectations.

Sadly i'm with you on this. I dont think dude has much left in the tank. But sure will be happy if he does

It's always good to hold expectations to a reasonable level.

My position is based on the relationship between Shanahan, Lynch, and Ryans. Ryans and Lynch both know what a good CB should look like. We didn't push back on allowing Ryans to take Slowik to Houston and I believe that relationship may mean DR owes us a favor. With Mooney's injury looking like it could be a while (no report yet) before he is full-go again, having another experienced guy in the room makes sense. It can't hurt.
Just save him for the NFC championship
can't count on him for more than 1-2 games to be honest...
Definitely can be decent depth. Good veteran leadership. Welcome back.
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:

Agreed!!!!
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:

I think we need to play him a game to see if he has anything left. If he plays well then might as well shut him down until then
we can only use him for one play.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

So if we play the Chiefs in the SB, put him in on 3rd and 15.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

• titan
  • Veteran

I honestly think if he can go through an entire game without getting a severe injury that the curse will be broken. I really hope he stays healthy. I just want to see something positive to happen for JV. I just feel for this dude. If anything else our team can feed off his resiliency, determination, and toughness.

• JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by titan:

I honestly think if he can go through an entire game without getting a severe injury that the curse will be broken. I really hope he stays healthy. I just want to see something positive to happen for JV. I just feel for this dude. If anything else our team can feed off his resiliency, determination, and toughness.

He did that for us for many games tho
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
can't count on him for more than 1-2 games to be honest...

1-2 games? More like 1-2 MINUTES! The dude is a walking injury waiting to happen.

LOCKDOWN GOD sighting!
Have him active if Ward can't go.

LOCKDOWN GOD sighting!

I never thought I could get such a raging hard……but here we are
Share 49ersWebzone