LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 152 users in the forums

CB Jason Verrett IS BACK on IR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Saw him on the field a few plays so far. Amazing comeback for this young man.
Just gave up a TD
Originally posted by mcwoot:
Just gave up a TD

That wr got away with a nice little OPI
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Verrett is a wonderful story and human being but his body is absolutely torched, especially for a CBC. Great person and presence to have in the locker room but in no way do we want this guy seeing the field.

Maybe, but this could have been said the first time we signed him and then he played at a really high level in 2020. I don't think we can rely on a contribution from him, but who knows what he has left.

That was 3 years and 2 or 3 injuries ago though. He's 3 years older and has had devastating season enders to his legs. You want this guy matching up on AJ Brown or DK Metcalf...or anyone for that matter? No thanks.

A fine player to have in the room and help teach; nothing should be expected or wanted beyond that or this team is in deeeep trouble.

Lol

You can laugh I'm just being objectively honest.

Remember this? Dude is toast.
Go back to the Practice Squad. POS
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Go back to the Practice Squad. POS

Lol take a nap
Dude showed why we can't rely on any quality playing time from him. Honestly, Verrett has been a mirage his entire career and certainly in his time with us. Dude played one decent season for us, that's it.
The fact that we aren't raiding other teams practice squads before settling on signing guys like Verrett is disappointing.
I'm glad he is on the team. Hopefully he gets more playing time and helps us with the playoffs to the SB
I have no problems with Verrett on the roster, I just don't get why it had to be this game he would come in and get meaningful snaps. He's already made of glass and a physical, meatgrinder type of game is the last game Id put him in to get real live reps.

Calling him a "POS" is not a good thing. Stay classy. Even players who play extremely poorly shouldn't be called names. JV is a good guy who has overcome a lot. He can be an asset in the near future too.
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
I'm glad he is on the team. Hopefully he gets more playing time and helps us with the playoffs to the SB

You clearly didn't see him give up a TD on his FIRST PLAY back on the field🤣

might as well have had any random dude on this forum go out and cover on that play because it wouldn't have been worse.

I blame Hysterikal.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
It's ok. I'm glad he saw the field. Good prep time for the playoffs bc I don't trust Ambry.
[ Edited by DrEll on Dec 25, 2023 at 9:00 PM ]
Originally posted by DrEll:
It's ok. I'm glad he saw the field. Good prep time for the playoffs bc I don't trust Ambry.

JV needs reps. That TD the WR pushed him off. JV can play tight press coverage, while Thomas was giving up 10 yard cushions minimum
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by DrEll:

JV needs reps. That TD the WR pushed him off. JV can play tight press coverage, while Thomas was giving up 10 yard cushions minimum

Don't agree with this at all. Dude is a vet that has been in the league a decade, dude should know that route, it's not like he hasn't been in that situation before.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Patton:
Originally posted by GLT49ers:

You clearly didn't see him give up a TD on his FIRST PLAY back on the field🤣

might as well have had any random dude on this forum go out and cover on that play because it wouldn't have been worse.

That wasn't his first play. He was in for several before that and did fine. It's clear many of you don't know how to watch football.
Share 49ersWebzone