There are 133 users in the forums

CB Jason Verrett IS BACK on IR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Patton:
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by DrEll:
It's ok. I'm glad he saw the field. Good prep time for the playoffs bc I don't trust Ambry.

JV needs reps. That TD the WR pushed him off. JV can play tight press coverage, while Thomas was giving up 10 yard cushions minimum

Don't agree with this at all. Dude is a vet that has been in the league a decade, dude should know that route, it's not like he hasn't been in that situation before.

It wasn't a "route." It was a scramble drill. WR got away with a push and Lamar scrambled for time. Not too many DB's can cover for 5-6 seconds and fight through OPI.
Originally posted by Furlow:
It's ok. I'm glad he saw the field. Good prep time for the playoffs bc I don't trust Ambry.

JV needs reps. That TD the WR pushed him off. JV can play tight press coverage, while Thomas was giving up 10 yard cushions minimum

Don't agree with this at all. Dude is a vet that has been in the league a decade, dude should know that route, it's not like he hasn't been in that situation before.

It wasn't a "route." It was a scramble drill. WR got away with a push and Lamar scrambled for time. Not too many DB's can cover for 5-6 seconds and fight through OPI.

Your point is true, "route" was a bad comparison. I should have said, that "situation" , he's seen it before and should be able to handle it better.

He just doesn't have the ability anymore, we can't rely on him imo.

Your point is true, "route" was a bad comparison. I should have said, that "situation" , he's seen it before and should be able to handle it better.

People are allowed to have bad opinions.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

People are allowed to have bad opinions.

People are also allowed to not be able to play as good as they used to, too 👍
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Verrett is a wonderful story and human being but his body is absolutely torched, especially for a CBC. Great person and presence to have in the locker room but in no way do we want this guy seeing the field.

Maybe, but this could have been said the first time we signed him and then he played at a really high level in 2020. I don't think we can rely on a contribution from him, but who knows what he has left.

That was 3 years and 2 or 3 injuries ago though. He's 3 years older and has had devastating season enders to his legs. You want this guy matching up on AJ Brown or DK Metcalf...or anyone for that matter? No thanks.

A fine player to have in the room and help teach; nothing should be expected or wanted beyond that or this team is in deeeep trouble.

Lol

You can laugh I'm just being objectively honest.

Remember this? Dude is toast.

Lol
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Verrett is a wonderful story and human being but his body is absolutely torched, especially for a CBC. Great person and presence to have in the locker room but in no way do we want this guy seeing the field.

Maybe, but this could have been said the first time we signed him and then he played at a really high level in 2020. I don't think we can rely on a contribution from him, but who knows what he has left.

That was 3 years and 2 or 3 injuries ago though. He's 3 years older and has had devastating season enders to his legs. You want this guy matching up on AJ Brown or DK Metcalf...or anyone for that matter? No thanks.

A fine player to have in the room and help teach; nothing should be expected or wanted beyond that or this team is in deeeep trouble.

Lol

You can laugh I'm just being objectively honest.

Remember this? Dude is toast.

Lol

WAS the LONG HAIR WONDER even practicing last week ?
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
I'm glad he is on the team. Hopefully he gets more playing time and helps us with the playoffs to the SB

You clearly didn't see him give up a TD on his FIRST PLAY back on the field🤣

might as well have had any random dude on this forum go out and cover on that play because it wouldn't have been worse.

That wasn't his first play. He was in for several before that and did fine. It's clear many of you don't know how to watch football.

This. Plus he got opi on the td plsy

Looked that way to me as well. It was not blatant but he did get pushed off on IMO.

Should have been expected though as the compensatory call (or no call in this case) for the safety.

Refs felt they had to give the ravens one back.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

Looked that way to me as well. It was not blatant but he did get pushed off on IMO.

Should have been expected though as the compensatory call (or no call in this case) for the safety.

That safety was a weird play with the ref slipping and Lamar tripping over him
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

That safety was a weird play with the ref slipping and Lamar tripping over him

Why would they need to give the Ravens one back when they missed an OPI on Juice on the first drive? And didn't call ONE holding on Baltimore all night (besides the hands to the face/facemask).

hope he doesn't get hurt sunday! big game for him

This train is never late. Sucks for him
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

This train is never late. Sucks for him
W
T
A
F
?

Poor guy. And sucks for the team.
JV's nfl career will be studied for decades in classrooms across the country.
It never ends
Share 49ersWebzone