LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 233 users in the forums

CB Jason Verrett IS BACK on IR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Patton:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Didnt he get hurt last time in practice too when he tore his achiilles? He cant even make it through practice none the less a game. Needs to hang it up already.

seriously he needs to move on with the rest of his life

It's not his fault that this FO let young CB talent get away and are so desperate for CB help that they took a shot on him out of desperation.

Everyone that watches football knows exactly what JV is, except our Management.
Bet they wish they would have protected Qwuantrzz Knight right about now. He could start for us right now and be our 2nd best CB, even though that's not saying much, lol.

This is completely false. I wish we would've held onto young guys, but Verrett isn't the reason Knight isn't here. Also Lenoir and Thomas have had good years. If anything the ONE indisputable fact about Wilks is that our DBs have improved, across the board
Wow, just when I thought he would help give us some good depth. Speedy recovery
Originally posted by Seattle49er:
Enough already. Don't want to hear his name again. He's made of glass.

Was thinking the same thing when I heard the news.
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Originally posted by Seattle49er:
Enough already. Don't want to hear his name again. He's made of glass.

Was thinking the same thing when I heard the news.

but it's something we're used to every year, it's tradition at this point
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Jan 5, 2024 at 3:33 PM ]
Time to retire
Our new strength & conditioning coach
This is tragic and comical.
What the f**kING f**k!!!!

Is Marcus peters still available? Son of a b***h
This poor dude is cursed.
Bummer man

Tragic. Get well Bro. Maybe coaching is next.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Did anyone not expect this?

Well yeah, but I expected it to be a leg
I bet he gets hurt in his sleep. Sad. At some point a person has to just say enough is enough and hang up the cleats. His time has come to call it quits.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Verrett is a wonderful story and human being but his body is absolutely torched, especially for a CBC. Great person and presence to have in the locker room but in no way do we want this guy seeing the field.

Maybe, but this could have been said the first time we signed him and then he played at a really high level in 2020. I don't think we can rely on a contribution from him, but who knows what he has left.

That was 3 years and 2 or 3 injuries ago though. He's 3 years older and has had devastating season enders to his legs. You want this guy matching up on AJ Brown or DK Metcalf...or anyone for that matter? No thanks.

A fine player to have in the room and help teach; nothing should be expected or wanted beyond that or this team is in deeeep trouble.

Lol

You can laugh I'm just being objectively honest.

Remember this? Dude is toast.
I heard it happened shutting the car door. Seriously, I feel for him. It is time for him to retire.
Share 49ersWebzone