LISTEN: Rookie 49ers Shine Against The Seahawks →

There are 206 users in the forums

CB Jason Verrett IS BACK on IR!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He would be a good db coach. The players respect him.
When I saw the notification on my FB feed, I seriously thought it was an outdated article from last year. I was like theres no freakin way this dude is back on IR. Seriously the most unlucky dude. Now it's a shoulder. He does need to retire now
Sad to hear he suffered another season ending injury. At least it's not an ACL or achilles.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
That really sucks man, I feel bad for him. I was hoping to see him in the playoffs.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
See there is why you want to rest people. Because even in practice they can get hurt. Certainly a game. A healthy 49ers team can beat anybody. Hurt they can get bounced. So STFU your "rust" crap.

Except JV was probably the rustiest player on the entire roster, sooooooo.....
Originally posted by Crown:
Sucks for this man.

Just following his dream and working his tail off.

Sometimes it isnt meant to be.

I despise the throw away culture of "see ya" that some portray.

Hope he has a good back plan or could maybe coach.

I really wouldn't call this throw away culture. It's not like this is is first major injury. It's not even his fifth. Most of the comments I see are saying it's time for him to quit, are concerns for his long term health. He wants to play, no doubt - and he fights back from injuries like crazy. But by the time he is 40, he may really regret that.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
See there is why you want to rest people. Because even in practice they can get hurt. Certainly a game. A healthy 49ers team can beat anybody. Hurt they can get bounced. So STFU your "rust" crap.

Now he's injured and can't play anymore.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Crown:
Sucks for this man.

Just following his dream and working his tail off.

Sometimes it isnt meant to be.

I despise the throw away culture of "see ya" that some portray.

Hope he has a good back plan or could maybe coach.

I really wouldn't call this throw away culture. It's not like this is is first major injury. It's not even his fifth. Most of the comments I see are saying it's time for him to quit, are concerns for his long term health. He wants to play, no doubt - and he fights back from injuries like crazy. But by the time he is 40, he may really regret that.

agreed - not accusing anyone here.

Have seen on a few message boards "go home mr glass", "waste of space" etc.
I feel sorry for the guy but he seriously has some bad luck. Was really looking forward to seeing him play Wow.

Now he's injured and can't play anymore.

He wasn't playing before
He should write a book, "The trials and tribulations of my NFL career on the operating table"
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
We say this every time but his injury luck is bonkers. He's got a huge heart to keep coming back.
Originally posted by Wrathman:
He would be a good db coach. The players respect him.

Except if he ever demonstrated a move he would probably tear or break something with his luck. I feel bad for the dude but he's getting paid to rehab. Kaiser should at least sign him in the offseason to be a spokesman.
[ Edited by mitpdub on Jan 5, 2024 at 8:45 PM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
This might be the last time we'll see him in a Niner uni.
Share 49ersWebzone