LISTEN: Are The 49ers Headed For A Future Without Brandon Aiyuk? →

There are 133 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Heroism:
I think it's from Michael Jordan when he did it. MJ was hitting every shot in this one playoff game and did that shrug while going down the court.

That would've been cool, but I guess the ¯_(ツ)_/¯ emoji influenced Bosa more than the GOAT.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/4/28/11526490/joey-bosa-nfl-draft-shrug-ohio-state

ohh, well then. Let's appropriately change the thread title

lol excellent
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Heroism:
I think it's from Michael Jordan when he did it. MJ was hitting every shot in this one playoff game and did that shrug while going down the court.

That would've been cool, but I guess the ¯_(ツ)_/¯ emoji influenced Bosa more than the GOAT.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/4/28/11526490/joey-bosa-nfl-draft-shrug-ohio-state

ohh, well then. Let's appropriately change the thread title

lol excellent

The title of this thread keeps getting better and better.

Hopefully we can add DPOY to it.
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
What's with his sack celebration? Can someone please enlighten this old geezer?

I consider myself schooled on this question. Thanks everyone!
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Pressures don't always result in a negative play for the offense. When it comes to pass rush, finishing is everything.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Jan 2, 2023 at 5:22 PM ]

It should read "Sacks created is a stat we just made up"....
Sacks created....what a bs stat
Originally posted by RDB4216:
It should read "Sacks created is a stat we just made up"....

I literally thought the Tweet said "Stat created."
Originally posted by lamontb:
Sacks created....what a bs stat

Where's the consistently held which could've been sacks stat?

Originally posted by Howlett49:
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Joey Bosa

The celebration doesn't have some epic genesis -- "it just happened," Bosa told Cleveland.com. His sophomore year in an early-season game against Cincinnati, he sacked QB Gunner Kiel for a safety. And then he shrugged. Here is that shrug:

It's a funny way to react to destroying an offensive lineman and then a quarterback -- "huh, I didn't know I could do that!" -- and it blew up around him. Soon, Bosa had a reputation to uphold.

That's great.

Naw. We need more hype.
We need Bosa to jump up and down and yell "SACKAROONIE!" every time he gets a sack.

In all seriousness though, given his deadpan sense of humor... the shoulder shrug really does fit him as a celebration.

He should work in the offseason on doing jumping spinning 360 roundhouse kicks, while doing the shoulder shrug.

Bosa can't just walk in and take a guy like Cassius Marsh's celebration. 🤷🏻‍♂️

We don't want him tearing something...
Originally posted by Alfienator:
I remember he was on the injury report this week for an illness. I wonder if it affected him this game. Looked like his motor wasn't on today.

I mean, he literally drove Kolton Miller back into Stidham on a bull rush, he was probably feeling pretty good. There were several near sacks that Stidham just stood in on and threw the ball without protecting himself.

The bull rush is Bosa's next thing to master. If he added the Reggie White forklift move he'd be unstoppable.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
I remember he was on the injury report this week for an illness. I wonder if it affected him this game. Looked like his motor wasn't on today.

I mean, he literally drove Kolton Miller back into Stidham on a bull rush, he was probably feeling pretty good. There were several near sacks that Stidham just stood in on and threw the ball without protecting himself.

The bull rush is Bosa's next thing to master. If he added the Reggie White forklift move he'd be unstoppable.

I think Bosa was tired of being held and decided to just take the Lineman with him on the Sack attempt.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Just a guy trying to justify his job.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Just a guy trying to justify his job.

Or trying his best to make sure the Eagles win every Award.
Share 49ersWebzone