There are 180 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hope for a big game by Bosa & the defense tonight!
0 sacks past two games, SHOW UP BOSA!!!
Guess who showed up.

• thl408
two consecutive downs
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Its not all about sacks.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Its not all about sacks.

That's what I was saying earlier. Dak was under pressure all game and that was largely because of Bosa.

Its not all about sacks.

I dont think he even watched the game.
He had to be smart and not go hunting for sacks, play to the run first because of Pollard, and then everytime they showed a replay with Bosa in the frame, he was in a headlock hold by the defender.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 23, 2023 at 12:20 AM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Its not all about sacks.

I dont think he even watched the game.

where was the lie though? I know its not about the sacks and I do see him making other plays, but now its 3 games with 0 sacks. I don't think you guys understand what I'm expecting from him being a superstar.

The webzone article saying he had zero pressures against Seattle not sure if its true, but damn.... thats eye popping.

Even baldy mentioning hes not winning with speed recently just power now....

Superstars make big plays in big games, my expectations from him just maybe a little more than others and no that doesn't mean im expecting a sack every game...

where was the lie though? I know its not about the sacks and I do see him making other plays, but now its 3 games with 0 sacks. I don't think you guys understand what I'm expecting from him being a superstar.

The webzone article saying he had zero pressures against Seattle not sure if its true, but damn.... thats eye popping.

Superstars make big plays in big games, my expectations from him just maybe a little more than others and no that doesn't mean im expecting a sack every game...

He literally had 18.5 sacks in 16 games in the regular season and will win DPOY unanimously.

In the playoffs teams are game planning to take him away. They aren't going to let him wreck their game. The other guys need to step up and take advantage.

He literally had 18.5 sacks in 16 games in the regular season and will win DPOY unanimously.

In the playoffs teams are game planning to take him away. They aren't going to let him wreck their game. The other guys need to step up and take advantage.

Yes and Super Stars show up regardless if teams are game planning to take them away especially in big games.

Yes and Super Stars show up regardless if teams are game planning to take them away especially in big games.

He did show up, the Cowboys gameplan was to beat the Niner pass rush, they didn't have many plays where Dak stood in the pocket and waited for plays to develop...he didn't hold the ball long which was a smart plan. Niners did something similar.

I think Bosa was still highly effective and made a big impact on the game even if his stats don't jump off the page.

There were at least two "superstar" plays where he shed blockers and hit the RB in the backfield and disrupted a play...so while I also would have loved to see him sack Dak, he still had a huge impact on the game.
[ Edited by trogdor on Jan 23, 2023 at 2:21 AM ]

No, they don't. Wide receivers get covered to take them out of games. Defences stuff the box to take running backs out of a game. Quarterbacks regularly throw to avoid great corners. Even great kick returners are taken out of games by the kicker kicking to the other side of the field.

Anyway, not sure what point you are trying to make here. Bosa is playing his part. It isn't all about sacks, it is about the D line.
Originally posted by English:

No, they don't. Wide receivers get covered to take them out of games. Defences stuff the box to take running backs out of a game. Quarterbacks regularly throw to avoid great corners. Even great kick returners are taken out of games by the kicker kicking to the other side of the field.

Anyway, not sure what point you are trying to make here. Bosa is playing his part. It isn't all about sacks, it is about the D line.

we were supposed to take Cupp out of last years Champ game, didn't happen. Cinn supposed to take Cupp out since "game planned" still scored game winning td. Thats just one position.

Point is Bosa I see is a Super Star and Super stars make big plays regardless if the other team is game planning against them or not, thats what makes them super stars... its really not that hard to understand..

There was plenty of opportunities this game where he could've made a "THATS WHY WE'RE GOING TO PAY HIM BIG BUCKS" and regardless if the team planned against him he made huge IMPACT plays. Like I said I'm not expecting a sack every damn game... but if you guys gotta admit it is somewhat concerning. I'm not here to argue.... I'm just expect alot from our hopefully DPOY and Superstar bosa.
Share 49ersWebzone