LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 261 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So letting the betting begin on when they decide to give Bosa his extension? I say sometime mid August unfortunetely. The Front office loves to drag these out.
Originally posted by ItsX4Number6:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Biggest disappointment of the team the last 4-5 weeks imo. Dude has to be injured. He constantly was getting taken to the wood shed.

Did you watch the games or just check box scores?

I made it a priority to watch Bosa. Explain to me .5 sacks in the last 4 games when he was averaging over 1 per before week 17.

Then you do not know what you were looking at.

Bosa REPEATEDLY destroyed the OTs. But he had to let up on his rush because nobody else generated pressure. So when he got the OT in Hurts face he had to play contain because Hurts had room to step up.

The DT does not have to get by the GCG just has to push them back 1-2 yards. Then Bosa can collapse the OT inside to win the outside.

All night it looked like an oklahoma drill but no linebacker.
Biggest disappointment of the team the last 4-5 weeks imo. Dude has to be injured. He constantly was getting taken to the wood shed.

I made it a priority to watch Bosa. Explain to me .5 sacks in the last 4 games when he was averaging over 1 per before week 17.

Then you just confirmed that you don't know what you're looking at.
Im confused, when did Armstead record a sack today, and why didn't Bosa get credit for his sack at the goal line?
Originally posted by Niners99:
Im confused, when did Armstead record a sack today, and why didn't Bosa get credit for his sack at the goal line?

Bosa wasnt a sack because it was a run play.
I do not know with AA.

By all means explain why he is on the longest stretch without a sack barring his very first 4 games. He goes from being in talks to breaking Aldons record to suddenly zero sacks his last 4. You think that's just random coincidence?! I's pretty amazingly clear in my eyes something was/is off. You don't go from almost breaking records playing his best football to zero sacks and the longest stretch of his career by chance.

Sure statistics don't always tell the whole story but they say a lot in this case. As I said I continually watched him and I'm not saying he didn't have his pressures but this was not the same Bosa that we had earlier. I have been saying this for weeks here so this isn't something I just made up. I'm trying to find the post to prove it but the search function is not filtering properly like it usually does. I think we will eventually find out that he was dealing with something on the injury front.
[ Edited by ItsX4Number6 on Jan 30, 2023 at 1:32 AM ]
Zero (0) sacks and one (1) pressure in the playoffs...

Just sayin'...
Not Gonna lie,

Joey Bosa looked great in 49ers gear at the eagles game
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Not Gonna lie,

Joey Bosa looked great in 49ers gear at the eagles game

LOL. Not likely any time soon. But I wouldn't mind.

Warching the stat sheet. Not the game.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Warching the stat sheet. Not the game.

By all means explain why he is on the longest stretch without a sack barring his very first 4 games. He goes from being in talks to breaking Aldons record to suddenly zero sacks his last 4. You think that's just random coincidence?! I's pretty amazingly clear in my eyes something was/is off. You don't go from almost breaking records playing his best football to zero sacks and the longest stretch of his career by chance.

Sure statistics don't always tell the whole story but they say a lot in this case. As I said I continually watched him and I'm not saying he didn't have his pressures but this was not the same Bosa that we had earlier. I have been saying this for weeks here so this isn't something I just made up. I'm trying to find the post to prove it but the search function is not filtering properly like it usually does. I think we will eventually find out that he was dealing with something on the injury front.

And for what's it's worth pff has him graded in the 90's in the regular season and 72.3 in the post season. I know pff is not the end all but I have provided sufficient evidence while you guys haven't provided an iota...like literally nothing... Zip... to counter my point.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/nick-bosa/42741?weekGroup=REG
[ Edited by ItsX4Number6 on Jan 30, 2023 at 7:17 AM ]
Bigger issue is our pass rush was non existent opposite him. Look at the eagles.
bosa needs help
Originally posted by Niners418:
Bigger issue is our pass rush was non existent opposite him. Look at the eagles.
bosa needs help

This. Most of our DL is made of mediocre guys on 1-year deals. It's an issue. The 49ers brass needs to spend less capital on skill positions and more in the trenches.

You said you wTched the game not the stat sheet. Turns out you didn't watch either.

He regularly beat the OT against the cowboys and eagles. But he can not make the sack because he has no help.

It is like when we were kids chasing each other around a table. You go to your right they go left, you go left they go right, you go under/over they go over/under. Your only option is drive the table against a wall.

Bosa's problem, there is no wall so the QB can just backup.
Originally posted by Niners418:
bosa needs help

A lot of it has to do with how the 49ers rushed Hurts. Their game plan was to cage him in, rush in their lanes and avoid rushing past his drop. They did this and did it well. This approach isn't conducive to generating QB hits/sacks, buts it's effective in controlling the QB running threat.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 30, 2023 at 12:15 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone