LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 277 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Niners418:
Bigger issue is our pass rush was non existent opposite him. Look at the eagles.
bosa needs help

It was like that all year in my opinion. Majority of the sacks outside of Bosa are schemed up. We don't have guys winning 1 v 1's and getting to the qb.
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Bigger issue is our pass rush was non existent opposite him. Look at the eagles.
bosa needs help

It was like that all year in my opinion. Majority of the sacks outside of Bosa are schemed up. We don't have guys winning 1 v 1's and getting to the qb.

why has drake jackson been activated everyone he's on the field he's batting down balls.
See Joey rep niners gear in support of his brother in Philly was cool.
Originally posted by lamontb:
bosa needs help

Yea. The dline lost production as the season went along. Hyder disappeared givens hurt ridgeway out. Felt like armstead never 100%. Ii saw bosa holding his abdomen a couple times. Wonder if he aggravated his groin. We didn't change up our look too much with extra rusher.
Bosa played very well and very sound against the Eagles. The D as a whole was not the problem. They limited the damage for as long as they could with an inept offense that turned the ball over twice sans Purdy. The Eagles were also gifted 7 by the refs and KS for not challenging that drop and also gifted several key first downs on very ticky tack and questionable flags.

But I do agree that we do not have any legit pass rushers opposite Bosa. Last year it seemed like AA and Omenihu were better and Arden Key was a beast down the stretch.

We have to hope Drake Jackson has a big offseason and turns into a big time contributor (I think he can and will be).
There was a play where Bosa got pancaked and the guy stayed on top of bosa for a few seconds trash talking to him. Then theres also a play where Eagles Oline literally had 3 guys just on him.
The thing that really impressed me about Bosa this game was how well his depth discipline has improved. Early in his career he was a missile, flying into the backfield. Then teams started using that against him by targeting his over-commit. Versus Eagles he caused lots of problems for their running game by not selling out fully to the pass-rush and creating contain around the QB and runners.

He's not just smart at the snap now, he stays smart through the rep. Arrow up for me, even if it costs him sack stats here and there.
Originally posted by Heroism:
bosa needs help

A lot of it has to do with how the 49ers rushed Hurts. Their game plan was to cage him in, rush in their lanes and avoid rushing past his drop. They did this and did it well. This approach isn't conducive to generating QB hits/sacks, buts it's effective in controlling the QB running threat.

Which was one of the bigger concerns going in.
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Zero (0) sacks and one (1) pressure in the playoffs...

Just sayin'...

8 sacks in his first 6 career playoff games, and had one of his best career games in the Super Bowl. Not sure what you're implying by "just sayin".
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Im confused, when did Armstead record a sack today, and why didn't Bosa get credit for his sack at the goal line?

Bosa wasnt a sack because it was a run play.
I do not know with AA.

Thats BS. He faked a hand off and rolled out. He could have easily passed but Bosa blew it up. Not sure how you determine his ultimate intent. Anytime you drop the QB for a loss is should be a sack.

Bosa said he wants to remain a Niner and also is not necessarily looking to be the highest paid defender in the league.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Bosa played very well and very sound against the Eagles. The D as a whole was not the problem. They limited the damage for as long as they could with an inept offense that turned the ball over twice sans Purdy. The Eagles were also gifted 7 by the refs and KS for not challenging that drop and also gifted several key first downs on very ticky tack and questionable flags.

But I do agree that we do not have any legit pass rushers opposite Bosa. Last year it seemed like AA and Omenihu were better and Arden Key was a beast down the stretch.

We have to hope Drake Jackson has a big offseason and turns into a big time contributor (I think he can and will be).

Good post!
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Bosa said he wants to remain a Niner and also is not necessarily looking to be the highest paid defender in the league.

He's gonna get the money he deserves and that is highest paid defender in the league
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
He's gonna get the money he deserves and that is highest paid defender in the league

I think the guaranteed money will be more important to him.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I think the guaranteed money will be more important to him.

He's also going to be watching who we select as DC. It might actually affect who we hire. If we pick a 3-4 guy who isn't going to use Bosa like he's best suited it might make him question staying.
Share 49ersWebzone