LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 243 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
He's gonna get the money he deserves and that is highest paid defender in the league

I think the guaranteed money will be more important to him.

He's also going to be watching who we select as DC. It might actually affect who we hire. If we pick a 3-4 guy who isn't going to use Bosa like he's best suited it might make him question staying.
The we picked the wrong DC
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
He's gonna get the money he deserves and that is highest paid defender in the league

He's also going to be watching who we select as DC. It might actually affect who we hire. If we pick a 3-4 guy who isn't going to use Bosa like he's best suited it might make him question staying.

Most defenses are in Nickel 70% of the time now soooo
Very curious what his extension will look like. Common sense says a standard five-year $150M extension is the most likely, but I'm having fantasies about a blockbuster decade-long deal.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Very curious what his extension will look like. Common sense says a standard five-year $150M extension is the most likely, but I'm having fantasies about a blockbuster decade-long deal.

Barring injury, he's inline for 2 major contracts. Why would he sign an 8-yr deal, when he'll be 30 years old if he takes the standard 5 yr extension?
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Zero playoff sacks in 3 games but no one is concerned. What am I missing?
Originally posted by A-R-S:

Football statistics and their consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

Sacks aren't the only measure of a players performance. Sometimes they come in a rush, sometimes they don't.

He sacked Hurts and the refs kept it from being a safety. What are you talking about?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

He sacked Hurts and the refs kept it from being a safety. What are you talking about?

I thought that was a sack as well. He was only given a TFL for it though.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:

Sacks aren't the only measure of a players performance. Sometimes they come in a rush, sometimes they don't.

I get this point, but also he was getting them frequently in the playoffs... something definitely off having 0 in like 3-4 games if I'm not mistaken. I too was suprised he didn't get credited for a sack on the almost safety...
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Feb 3, 2023 at 1:11 AM ]

Theoretically what can we get in a trade if it doesn't work out? We save about $18M in the cap.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I don't think the 49ers have the cap space to switch the base defense and keep their 11 best guys on the field.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Theoretically what can we get in a trade if it doesn't work out? We save about $18M in the cap.

He is not going anywhere but for argument sake he is worth 3 1st RD picks. He was the #2 overall pick who also happened to live up to his draft status.He is about to win DPOY and is just entering his prime. He plays the 2nd most important position(behind QB) and might be the best in the league at that position. And the 1st of those 3 1st RD picks would need to be a top 10 pick guaranteed.

Watching game film?
People are actually floating trading Bosa?
Share 49ersWebzone