George Kittle, Charvarius Ward join 49ers injury list ahead of clash with Rams →

There are 128 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Trade him, we can't afford him or the deal would be done already.

This is a Buckner situation. This league is all about the offense, Chiefs aren't paying defensive players that type of money and they are highly successful.

Chris Jones has a $28m cap hit this year so indeed the chiefs are paying good $$ for an elite player. He's also holding out for a new deal so ....

Good $ and what Bosa is asking for is totally different.

No one knows how much he's asking for.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

This is a Buckner situation. This league is all about the offense, Chiefs aren't paying defensive players that type of money and they are highly successful.

Chris Jones has a $28m cap hit this year so indeed the chiefs are paying good $$ for an elite player. He's also holding out for a new deal so ....

This. The assumptions are silly.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

The only thing we know for sure is Bosa wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the league, my guess is $33M-$35M a yr, but just a guess, no one knows what the holdup is, could be APY, could be GTD money, either Total and/or Fully GTD money, structure, language in the deal, etc....
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
I'm interested in what the hold up actually is. Clearly both sides want to strike a deal, clearly the Niners know how much he means to the team. Clearly you want one of your, if not your best, player to not be annoyed.

In other words, I feel like if its some difference in minor details I'm sure it could've been hammered out before.

Bosa wants guaranteed money up front. Pay him ya cheapskate John Edward Dork!!!!. 😤
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
I'm interested in what the hold up actually is. Clearly both sides want to strike a deal, clearly the Niners know how much he means to the team. Clearly you want one of your, if not your best, player to not be annoyed.

In other words, I feel like if its some difference in minor details I'm sure it could've been hammered out before.

Probably hang-ups around Incentives that the 49ers may be trying to add to the contract.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Bosa waiting for preseason games where first team defense rep will allow a touchdown and Niners will go "yeah give him whatever he wants"

No wrong answer. I am really surprised still. I was posting weeks ago before most were agreeing contract language. It's beyond that at this point. Is this dude shooting for $40M a year?

Nick Bosa is my favorite player and he's our best player.

With that said, if his agent is genuinely asking for $40M (highly doubt he is), he can kick rocks. The current record for a non-QB is $31.7M and for edge rusher it's $28M. Signing any non-QB to $40M a year is a great step 1 blueprint to slamming your Super Bowl window shut.

He should get $32-$33M a year and that's plenty.

I think his agent could be waiting to see what Chris Jones gets first as he is also trying to get in around Aaron Donald money as well. Once thats done or hes traded and signed then Bosa gets his fatty contract that is going to be the highest for a defensive player ever.
Pay the man
Originally posted by philgardis49:
I think his agent could be waiting to see what Chris Jones gets first as he is also trying to get in around Aaron Donald money as well. Once thats done or hes traded and signed then Bosa gets his fatty contract that is going to be the highest for a defensive player ever.

I think you're right that Chris Jones' contract is intertwined with Bosa's contract. These are going to be the top 2 highest paid defensive players in the league.

Originally posted by lamontb:
Pay the man

Oh they definitely will.
No better way than to forget yesterday's outing with fans and the press then by a Bosa signing. Let's get it done today and turn the storyline from Trey to Nick.
No better way than to forget yesterday's outing with fans and the press then by a Bosa signing. Let's get it done today and turn the storyline from Trey to Nick.

I'm with you buddy....I'm searching every hour for Bosa news.
Originally posted by bassmanr:

Does anyone have a tracker of where he s currently at?
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by bassmanr:

Does anyone have a tracker of where he s currently at?

He watched how prepared we looked last night and told his agent, "Buy me another month."
Share 49ersWebzone