George Kittle, Charvarius Ward join 49ers injury list ahead of clash with Rams →

There are 128 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I get the feeling he simply doesn't want to have even a 1% chance of being put in a preseason game. I predict he signs 2-3 days after our last preseason game.
He seems like a guy easy to work with judging by his attitude last year of not needing to be the highest paid.

Paraag is probably choking his chain on stupid guarantees and up front money. We never like to pay up front. It's almost guaranteed to be niner org causing the issues.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
He seems like a guy easy to work with judging by his attitude last year of not needing to be the highest paid.

Paraag is probably choking his chain on stupid guarantees and up front money. We never like to pay up front. It's almost guaranteed to be niner org causing the issues.

Yeah, this isn't a contract we need to "win." Given how set the parameters were, there was only 1% that needed to be negotiated over.
Matt M stated the 9ers want pay to be in the TJ Watt neighborhood while Bosa camp Aaron Donald. AD is DPOY three times I believe and 9ers feel pay more in-line with TJ. Didn't look up TJ but I think he said around $27m while AD low $30's.

Matt also stated expect signing within a week. Not that he really knows but sounds about right. $5m difference to the 9ers seems to be money for next up. They are digging in but I bet when said and done they hit AD.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Aug 15, 2023 at 5:51 AM ]
Yeah the Raiders game sped up the negotiating time table for our front office I bet. We be signing people before game 1 that's for sure
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Matt M stated the 9ers want pay to be in the TJ Watt neighborhood while Bosa camp Aaron Donald. AD is DPOY three times I believe and 9ers feel pay more in-line with TJ. Didn't look up TJ but I think he said around $27m while AD low $30's.

Matt also stated expect signing within a week. Not that he really knows but sounds about right. $5m difference to the 9ers seems to be money for next up. They are digging in but I bet when said and done they hit AD.

Getting him for AD money definitely sounds worth it compared to the $33-35M range. I hope Matt M is right but this front office is pretty tight-lipped.

Also, where did Matt M say this? I'm hoping this is true because it seems like a slam dunk negotiation to me.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Aug 15, 2023 at 7:01 AM ]

Obviously nobody knows the truth, but why be stingy with your best player?
  • thl408
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

To help in keeping guys like Aiyuk, Greenlaw, Huf, Banks. $5 could mean the difference in being able to keep one of them.
Originally posted by thl408:

To help in keeping guys like Aiyuk, Greenlaw, Huf, Banks. $5 could mean the difference in being able to keep one of them.

$5? Seriously
  • thl408

$5? Seriously

I got 5 on it. Let's extend Aiyuk.

Starting to get worried here. Wtf is the hold-up

$5? Seriously

I got 5 on it. Let's extend Aiyuk.

Tell me you're a rich guy with out telling me you're rich. Rest of us poors out here struggling
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Aug 15, 2023 at 11:44 AM ]
Cardinals fans looking at the Nick Bosa holdout and thinking, "So glad we picked Kyler!"
Originally posted by libertyforever:
I am a bit worry the contract distraction is going to cause him to have a bad season relative to his standard, similar to Deebo last season.

I'm more concerned about this much time away from the field leading to injury.
Originally posted by SFrush:
I'm more concerned about this much time away from the field leading to injury.

It could be the opposite, though. Less field time reduces risk of a freak injury.
Share 49ersWebzone