LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 133 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TopDogBerkeley:
Originally posted by SFrush:
I'm more concerned about this much time away from the field leading to injury.

It could be the opposite, though. Less field time reduces risk of a freak injury.

It's gonna suck when Bosa gets limited playing time in the first few weeks of the season because he didn't get any training camp in
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

It could be the opposite, though. Less field time reduces risk of a freak injury.

It's gonna suck when Bosa gets limited playing time in the first few weeks of the season because he didn't get any training camp in

Bosa is extremely disciplined when it comes to staying in shape. He'll come in ready to go, no camp needed.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Starting to get worried here. Wtf is the hold-up

^^^This

I'm already worried. I mean, really, just what's the FO's issue with extending Bosa? What could possibly be their hangup? He's THE top EDGE rusher in the league. The defense is TOTALLY different without him. I just don't get the 9ers front office here, this should be a no-brainer. They can't possible be afraid he won't live up to the contract. Do they honestly expect Bosa to take a hometown discount? With his production and impact on the game he shouldn't be expected to - I wouldn't. Based on his production alone gives him carte blanche to expect whatever bag he wants.

Jed York, John Lynch, and Paraag Marathe, get over yourselves. You don't have the leverage here. Un-ass that money and pay that man what he wants. If he wants the highest ever in guaranteed dollars, give it to him. If it's a shorter contract so he can get another bite at the contract apple, give it up. Whatever it is you guys inventing to create leverage STOP IT!! If you're trying to play the long game to have him to play out his rookie deal to hope for a dip in production for negotiation leverage, you play a dangerous game because his production will only get better and his price higher. If there's any player in the league that has EARNED a record-breaking extension it's one Nicholas John Bosa!

Pay the goddamn man and quit d!cking around!!!
Cardinals fans looking at the Nick Bosa holdout and thinking, "So glad we picked Kyler!"

And glad that they're fans of one of the biggest laughing stock franchises in professional sports.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
I am a bit worry the contract distraction is going to cause him to have a bad season relative to his standard, similar to Deebo last season.

I rather our starters not play in the preseason, too many injuries, non contact ones happening, hate preseason, worthless IMO, I get young guys get a chance to show something, but even those players are getting hurt, Bosa is one player I'm not worried about being in shape.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Also, where did Matt M say this?

Rich Eisen show

[ Edited by captveg on Aug 15, 2023 at 2:06 PM ]
Originally posted by captveg:

Rich Eisen show

Aaaand I heard the three stupid words:

"My guess is…"

My stock in this immediately hit zero.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Matt M stated the 9ers want pay to be in the TJ Watt neighborhood while Bosa camp Aaron Donald. AD is DPOY three times I believe and 9ers feel pay more in-line with TJ. Didn't look up TJ but I think he said around $27m while AD low $30's.

Matt also stated expect signing within a week. Not that he really knows but sounds about right. $5m difference to the 9ers seems to be money for next up. They are digging in but I bet when said and done they hit AD.

Obviously nobody knows the truth, but why be stingy with your best player?

To help in keeping guys like Aiyuk, Greenlaw, Huf, Banks. $5 could mean the difference in being able to keep one of them.

Can we save money by cutting Armstead? He's the second highest paid guy on this team and is criminally overpaid for his production, or lack thereof.
Pay the man
They will pay him eventually, but hes not going to be in football shape. Hope he's careful on the field

Originally posted by lamontb:
Pay the man

Trade: Bosa, Trent Williams, Deebo Samuel, George Kittle, CMC, Aiyuk, Hargrave, Warner, Ward, and all our QB's for Mahomes and just rebuild.

You can even give the chiefs 3-4 first round picks to go with it cause hell, we don't use them right anyway.
I'm guessing that this contract negotiation is turning into a game of chicken with Chris Jones. Whoever signs first the other one is going to get paid a little bit more so that they can say they're the highest paid.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Pay the man

Trade: Bosa, Trent Williams, Deebo Samuel, George Kittle, CMC, Aiyuk, Hargrave, Warner, Ward, and all our QB's for Mahomes and just rebuild.

You can even give the chiefs 3-4 first round picks to go with it cause hell, we don't use them right anyway.

Even if they could accommodate the salary cap implications KC still wouldn't make that trade. Mahomies is a one in a million.
Originally posted by captveg:

Rich Eisen show

Aaaand I heard the three stupid words:

"My guess is…"

My stock in this immediately hit zero.

Our FO is arguing Bosa salary should be based from 27M? You kidding me????
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Pay the man

Wow. Just wow.
Share 49ersWebzone