LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 114 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Montana:
My Uber driver says we should cut Deebs and pay Bosa..thoughts? Lol

There's a reason they are an Uber driver.

Lol
Still looking for that Bosa signing....

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
There's a reason they are an Uber driver.

These are also people that don't understand how contracts work.They think if Bosa signs for $30 Million per year it means that the cap will be $30 Million every year, Including this year. Niners will actually gain cap space this year when Bosa signs his extension.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
This is like saying Michael Jordan, Tom Brady, and Mohammed Ali weren't really that good.

Mahomes is a once in a lifetime player.

Hot Take: Tom Brady is not that good. He is no where near as physically dominant as MJ or Mahomes. He is the most successful QB of all time, but I mean it's looking like Mahomes might be the actual GOAT. For me you have to blend both worlds. Tom Brady is lacking too much physically to qualify as the Greatest. Bosa however has the mental tools to go along with his crazy physical traits. He's got a real chance at being the GOAT edge rusher and that's why he needs go be signed right now!
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
This is like saying Michael Jordan, Tom Brady, and Mohammed Ali weren't really that good.

Hot Take: Tom Brady is not that good. He is no where near as physically dominant as MJ or Mahomes. He is the most successful QB of all time, but I mean it's looking like Mahomes might be the actual GOAT. For me you have to blend both worlds. Tom Brady is lacking too much physically to qualify as the Greatest. Bosa however has the mental tools to go along with his crazy physical traits. He's got a real chance at being the GOAT edge rusher and that's why he needs go be signed right now!

That being said, it might be more impressive what Tom Brady has accomplished considering is physical limitations.
How much cap room do we actually have for this season? I don't think re-signing him is likely if we don't have enough to pay him this year.
According to over the cap, we have $10m. I can't see how this gets done.
Originally posted by Garce:

It would actually free up cap space this season
  • thl408

Bosa is already signed for this year.
Originally posted by thl408:

Yeah, he's holding out for more money....

Probably won't be much more (if any) this year, possibly even less. The extension will go into effect next year.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Aug 17, 2023 at 3:02 PM ]

That being said, it might be more impressive what Tom Brady has accomplished considering is physical limitations.

Has Mahomes had the best, first 6 years, from a NFL QB standpoint?

He didn't even play during his rookie season! Just nuts!

First 6 years = 2 rings in 3 super bowls (in 5 seasons as a starter). Question is, is he already a HOF?
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Probably won't be much more (if any) this year, possibly even less. The extension will go into effect next year.

It'll go down by almost $10M cap wise, he'll likely get somewhere in the range of a $35M signing bonus, he'll get a s**t ton of fully GTD money, probably $90M+.

Also we don't really have $10M, sure we have it top 51 wise, but when you count players 52 & 53, the PS, injured players, that money gets eaten up quickly, even if we did have $10M, you add that to $18M, that's only $28M upfront, he'll get more with an extension, if the bonus is $35M, plus $1.08M base, that's over $36M in year 1 cash wise, $8.08M cap number in year 1.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by btthepunk:

It'll go down by almost $10M cap wise, he'll likely get somewhere in the range of a $35M signing bonus, he'll get a s**t ton of fully GTD money, probably $90M+.

Also we don't really have $10M, sure we have it top 51 wise, but when you count players 52 & 53, the PS, injured players, that money gets eaten up quickly, even if we did have $10M, you add that to $18M, that's only $28M upfront, he'll get more with an extension, if the bonus is $35M, plus $1.08M base, that's over $36M in year 1 cash wise, $8.08M cap number in year 1.

Right on AB! I thought the cap hit would go down.
please sign
Share 49ersWebzone