LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 149 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just get this done already sheesh lol
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
Hot Take: Tom Brady is not that good. He is no where near as physically dominant as MJ or Mahomes. He is the most successful QB of all time, but I mean it's looking like Mahomes might be the actual GOAT. For me you have to blend both worlds. Tom Brady is lacking too much physically to qualify as the Greatest. Bosa however has the mental tools to go along with his crazy physical traits. He's got a real chance at being the GOAT edge rusher and that's why he needs go be signed right now!

I somewhat agree with you....

I want to hate on Brady as much or more then most....but Everyone has a long way to go to show the impact Brady had..... It is one of the clearer examples of IQ over physical traits. Dude is GOAT in my book, and I hate to type it...but it is true.

Bosa on the other hand.....

We don't know yet.

We have not seen prime Bosa yet.

He is young and going into his prime. You are paying him top dollar, but this about as safe as it gets to correctly expecting top performance in return.

There is no real weakness in his game, and it is an absolute CORE part of a football team.

Unlike QBs, WRs, CBs, RBs, LBs.... Passrushers do not depending on multiple other positions to perform correctly for them to be functional.

Got Jerry Rice with no QB or no Line...or both... You don't really have Jerry Rice.

Got Dion Sanders with no LBers, no Line? You really don't have Dion Sanders.

Bosa is Bosa no matter what happens on the defense... he is going to make whatever is back there better.

That is about as Safe as your money can be in NFL.
Is Bosa the best at his position on our team?
Originally posted by Montana:
Just get this done already sheesh lol

I'm confident it will get done the goal is to make him the highest-paid player so there is a lot of language that has to be ironed out. It will also speed things up once Chris Jones get signed
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
please sign

Remember when then one guy I think it was TJ Watt just walked into the owners office and said where do I sign?

"Watt overruled his agents, who believed they could get more money on Thursday, marching into the office of Steelers president Art Rooney II and telling him they had a deal, according to Schefter. Watt then excused himself and announced he had to go work out, Schefter reported."

Sept 9,2021
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Remember when then one guy I think it was TJ Watt just walked into the owners office and said where do I sign?

"Watt overruled his agents, who believed they could get more money on Thursday, marching into the office of Steelers president Art Rooney II and telling him they had a deal, according to Schefter. Watt then excused himself and announced he had to go work out, Schefter reported."

Sept 9,2021

Watts are football royalty
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Sept 9,2021

I'm circling 9/9 on my calendar or maybe, do we say.. 9/7
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Sept 9,2021

I'm circling 9/9 on my calendar or maybe, do we say.. 9/7

9/7 sounds just right for ol Nicky
I'm starting to not like this…

Originally posted by Youngone:
I'm starting to not like this…

I have no worry, the dude is a football player. I cannot fathom him watching week 1 on TV. I cannot imagine a gold jacket like Lynch letting that happen. There is no chance. Zero.
Which executives will get fired if Bosa is not signed by week 1, do you think?
See you in a month or two.
Originally posted by NCommand:

1. Bosa won't sitout games IMO, he'll lose a lot of money, 2. he loves football, he won't just not show up week 1, and 3. a deal will be done by week 1. This is a complicated deal to get done, not as easy as that Rob Guererra said on KNBR
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by NCommand:

1. Bosa won't sitout games IMO, he'll lose a lot of money, 2. he loves football, he won't just not show up week 1, and 3. a deal will be done by week 1. This is a complicated deal to get done, not as easy as that Rob Guererra said on KNBR

I think one of the few fears with Bosa as a draft pick was his Brothers issue with contracts.....

We will see, but it is possible that family is not exactly team friendly, they might have a long term "big picture" view of things. I would also guess he is too smart to risk playing on a dead end contract.
Share 49ersWebzone