There are 159 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by okdkid:
This week is the real deadline. Would expect it gets done in the next 2-4 days.

TJ Watt's contract got done 3 days before the Steelers' season started. And then he proceeded to win DPOY.

Just don't be surprised if it takes awhile.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

TJ Watt's contract got done 3 days before the Steelers' season started. And then he proceeded to win DPOY.

Good info

big if true
Not worried about this deal getting done, it'll get done before the season starts, everyone will be happy, I trust a guy like Tom Pelissero, here's the article from the WZ's front page, https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/170946-pelissero-49ers-nick-bosa-have-mutual-before-season/
Would be nice if he like.. met the new defensive coordinator before week 1
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Good info

big if true

also id imagine the delay has something to do with Chris Jones too both of these players will be the highest paid defensive players by the time they sign with Bosa being the highest if Chris Jones signed first I think the deal gets done a lot faster
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Would be nice if he like.. met the new defensive coordinator before week 1

Whats so hard...

See QB, sack QB
Originally posted by ritz126:

Good info

big if true

also id imagine the delay has something to do with Chris Jones too both of these players will be the highest paid defensive players by the time they sign with Bosa being the highest if Chris Jones signed first I think the deal gets done a lot faster

I do think this is the issue. When you are doing a contract extension that is going to reset the market, the player's agent side always want to delay it as long as possible so they can use all of the other recent contracts as data points, and minimize the possibility that their market setting contract isn't going to be reset by a contract of another play right away. Chris Jones' contract is probably going to be an important data point for Nick to get a bit more on his contract.

But of course, the player (Bosa) can always forced the issue and tell his agent he wants to get the contract done right away, and that apparently hasn't happen yet. Not blaming him (If I am him I would have done the same), but I am just saying some players (not happen often) do just want to get is done and not worry about necesarily getting the best deal.
They need Bosa around his cap hit now @17 ml. I think it is hung up on signing bonus & guaranteed money. He will probably sign after preseason is over. Gives him 2 wks to get the kinks out. For Bosa I don't think that would be a problem.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by ritz126:

Good info

big if true

I do think this is the issue. When you are doing a contract extension that is going to reset the market, the player's agent side always want to delay it as long as possible so they can use all of the other recent contracts as data points, and minimize the possibility that their market setting contract isn't going to be reset by a contract of another play right away. Chris Jones' contract is probably going to be an important data point for Nick to get a bit more on his contract.

But of course, the player (Bosa) can always forced the issue and tell his agent he wants to get the contract done right away, and that apparently hasn't happen yet. Not blaming him (If I am him I would have done the same), but I am just saying some players (not happen often) do just want to get is done and not worry about necesarily getting the best deal.

As I've gotten older I side with the players more in these situations. When I was younger I sided with the team.

If Bosa wants to win back to back DPOY awards he is going to need to sign an extension atleast a couple of weeks prior to week 1. I can't see him suiting up week 1 f he signs like 3 or 4 days prior to week 1. Too much of an injury risk putting him out there with zero training camp. There is gym shape and then there is football shape. So I am praying he is signed sometime this week.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
If Bosa wants to win back to back DPOY awards he is going to need to sign an extension atleast a couple of weeks prior to week 1. I can't see him suiting up week 1 f he signs like 3 or 4 days prior to week 1. Too much of an injury risk putting him out there with zero training camp. There is gym shape and then there is football shape. So I am praying he is signed sometime this week.
He comes from a football family. He'll be fine

Look up we just talked about this

(Watt, TJ)
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Aug 21, 2023 at 4:57 PM ]

A poster just posted what TJ Watt did
When is this gonna get done?
Share 49ersWebzone