There are 224 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The team hasnt leaked any news (good or bad)

Take that as a positive

It means they are negotiating hard but in good faith with no media BS

If news leaks about how good a deal Bosa is turning down that is when you start to worry
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Correct me if I'm wrong for the people that think we should play hardball

1. Bosa is still under contract this year so no shows so far are penalties adding up against him. He has to show up sometime this year because we own his rights and there's a breach of contract.

2. At the end of this year we can still franchise tag him for next year, so we own him next year as well.

Both options above make him, his agent, and family very unhappy but that's the truth if you take out the massive impact to the team to have him missing. When he was hurt we saw what happened to our D and record. Granted Lynch/Shanny screwed up the earlier picks anyway.

Correct. He could hold out until like week 8, then report and play the rest of the year to count as an accrued season. And yes we can still franchise him next year as well. Him missing time now and the fines will increase if he misses actual games. The team can waive those fines in his case, but if he holds out long I would hope they let the fines stand.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Tj watt didnt sign his deal until September 9, chill

1. Bosa is still under contract this year so no shows so far are penalties adding up against him. He has to show up sometime this year because we own his rights and there's a breach of contract.

2. At the end of this year we can still franchise tag him for next year, so we own him next year as well.

Both options above make him, his agent, and family very unhappy but that's the truth if you take out the massive impact to the team to have him missing. When he was hurt we saw what happened to our D and record. Granted Lynch/Shanny screwed up the earlier picks anyway.

He will hold out till week 9 then play to make the season count. 9ers will most likely waive fines.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
He is not absolute to winning a SB.....Purdy is.

Both. And Williams. And CMC. And enough weapons between Kittle, Aiyuk, and Deebo. And enough defensive playmakers. We need a critical mass of star players because our depth is not there anymore. But you better believe that both Purdy and Bosa and Williams are vital.

Yep team effort. We lose Purdy we are done. We can win without Bosa.
seems like Bosa and Chris Jones are playing chicken...
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

He will hold out till week 9 then play to make the season count. 9ers will most likely waive fines.

Given his competitiveness and want to be 'great' holding out that long can't be in his plans. Him and his agent need to put up a good final offer the team can accept.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:

If that's the case I'll have lost a little respect for Bosa. Your team should come first if it's close to the same money.

I fully support Bosa getting paid like a king, but at some point he has to know he's going to be a very rich man no matter what and $$$ can't buy Super Bowl rings but losing games that you sat out can easily hurt your playoff seed.

Bro's already guaranteed life securing $$$, get this deal done so you can guarantee your spot in NFL history too.
[ Edited by Patton on Sep 4, 2023 at 10:40 AM ]
Originally posted by Patton:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:

If that's the case I'll have lost a little respect for Bosa. Your team should come first if it's close to the same money.

I fully support Bosa getting paid like a king, but at some point he has to know he's going to be a very rich man no matter what and $$$ can't buy Super Bowl rings but losing games that you say out can easily hurt your playoff seed.

Bro's already guaranteed life securing $$$, get this deal done so you can guarantee your spot in NFL history too.

No respect for greedy BS.
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:

Given his competitiveness and want to be 'great' holding out that long can't be in his plans. Him and his agent need to put up a good final offer the team can accept.

Not buying into him wanting to be "great". He also said that being the highest paid wasn't really a necessity either, but look at him now. He's showing all that matters to him, and that's fine. I just can't stand lying hypocrites, so he should just say it. His brother Eli...um Joey...said the other day that winning matters to him now more than ever. That's just laughable too, and will be completely forgotten at contract time.

Originally posted by BP22:

These thread bumps get me going
Would it be Ferrell that replaces bosa if he misses the game?

isn't Ferrell good at run stopping but struggled with pass rush? If I'm remembering correctly

lol I just read up on clelin and his dads name was Cleavester hahah. Never heard that one before - he passed away from cancer when clelin was in highschool, unfortunately. Guy had 9 kids though - that's a lot this day and age lol
[ Edited by tankle104 on Sep 4, 2023 at 11:02 AM ]
Originally posted by BP22:

Haha love those movies
Be a good test for the defense if Bosa misses some games last time we only won 6 games without him
Share 49ersWebzone