There are 384 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
So if Bosa said either "Give me 40 Million a year, or trade me, or I will sit all year", what would be your decision.

1. Just give him the 40 million and make room for him by eventually not re-signing other good talent.
2. Look for a really good deal(multiple firsts) and make the trade.
3. Call his bluff, and just let him sit until he agrees to a more reasonable deal

Sit out all year? You call his bluff his contract would roll into next year because he didn't play. As far as holding out he really doesn't have that much leverage and I don't see a team giving up what it'd take for the 9ers to trade him
That Jason Dumas guy is looking like an idiot right now for what he tweeted, and also said on KNBR.

This is getting ridiculous, just sign the deal Nick, more money than he'll ever see if he wasn't a football player.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Pretty sure he's not playing on Sunday... imagine the savings we could have if we traded him. Two firsts round picks potentially.. just saying 🤷🏾

Just picks isn't going to cut it. It would have to be a starter or two AND future draft capital.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
This front office including Kyle has been taking nothing but L's this entire offseason. One of the worst off offseason's I can remember from this management. It started with the draft where they drafted a TE and Kicker in the 3rd round(A TE that is not even going to play this season). The whole Trey drama they created for themselves and practically giving him away, All because they feel the need to have Sam Darnold. Them sellling the trade as this being a win now team but yet the guy they will a hard time winning without is still not signed and unlikely to play week 1.

They got a win when Trent said he was going to play. They got a win when Brock was cleared. As for the "Trey drama", believe it or not getting a 4th was a win too. No one thought he was going to net us that. While he didnt have the same return as JG did for NE(or us as a comp next year), as SD did the Jets, or Josh Rosen did the cards, he at least netted us more than Joshua Dobbs netted CLE
So if Bosa said either "Give me 40 Million a year, or trade me, or I will sit all year", what would be your decision.

1. Just give him the 40 million and make room for him by eventually not re-signing other good talent.
3. Call his bluff, and just let him sit until he agrees to a more reasonable deal

I'd trade him to the Bears...maybe Browns...some team where he'd be sure never to see the playoffs for the rest of his peak years. So he'd have more offseason time to enjoy his money.
They'll figure it out. It's not like the playoffs start this week. Chill out.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
My "sources" tell me deal will be announced this evening. Stay tuned…
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Pretty sure he's not playing on Sunday... imagine the savings we could have if we traded him. Two firsts round picks potentially.. just saying 🤷🏾

Yeah because this regime's track record with 1st RD picks says that will work out well for us. Not to mention those picks will probally be in the late 20's. Would you trade the #2 overall pick(Which is where Bosa was drafted) for the #26 and #27 pick?
Originally posted by JTB1974:
This front office including Kyle has been taking nothing but L's this entire offseason. One of the worst off offseason's I can remember from this management. It started with the draft where they drafted a TE and Kicker in the 3rd round(A TE that is not even going to play this season). The whole Trey drama they created for themselves and practically giving him away, All because they feel the need to have Sam Darnold. Them sellling the trade as this being a win now team but yet the guy they will a hard time winning without is still not signed and unlikely to play week 1.

We have to keep KS but yeah if we weren't in superbowl contention they would have to get the boot after the Trey Lance debacle.

Not saying we need to replace John Lynch just yet but we definitely could use a GM that can better manage our top draft capital.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
I'd trade him to the Bears...maybe Browns...some team where he'd be sure never to see the playoffs for the rest of his peak years. So he'd have more offseason time to enjoy his money.

You'd trade him to the browns where he and Garrett could tee off on opponents?

After I check my phone and see the 49ers still haven't signed Nick Bosa

[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Sep 4, 2023 at 1:29 PM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

Still one of the crappiest franchises of the last few decades. They'd find a way to screw it up. Besides, with Garrett, Bosa, and that wow Watson deal - they wouldn't be able to afford anything else.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

Might do that just to punish the AFC
Take this for what it's worth.

You absolutely call his bluff. The team owns his fights and could be worse by tagging him the next 2 years also. No way do you let him dictate everything and set a precedent where players down the road can follow suit.
Share 49ersWebzone