There are 222 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by Patton:
True💯

What is he thinking when he knows that guys that he's battled with for 4 years are getting ready to go on the road and kick this season off??

Money be damned, where's the loyalty to his brothers?

I agree, total turn off.

Owners, GM's, and Coaches aren't loyal so why do the players have to be?

He doesn't need to be. He only needs to be loyal to his own interests to take this deal.
Originally posted by magic49:
He is good but not worth qb money! Trade him if he doesn't take 30 million a year

He deserves as much as mid tier QB's who are getting 35+ Million a season. Kirk Cousins for example.
Originally posted by BOI49er:
That's so much guaranteed that if he gets injured, this team is dead for years.

Why do people think He has the leverage. He's under contract, and the franchise tag will be cheaper than his contract for the following two years, and He assumes the risk of injury if he doesn't sign. He won't do that. Game checks he loses are about a mil a week, and he doesn't get that back. What, he sits out the year? He has Way too much to lose, including that $35-40m instant money.

Seems to me, if you're a fan of the Team, you want them to call his bluff. Clearly, we've already agreed to enough. We have the leverage. He Will Sign what's on the table, because the alternative is a disaster for him.

This line of thinking is something I will never understand,

If we offer him $110M guaranteed and he gets hurt, why is that different than if we offer him $95 and he gets hurt?

Either way, the team would be f**ked. So it comes down to either you want superstars or you don't.
True💯

What is he thinking when he knows that guys that he's battled with for 4 years are getting ready to go on the road and kick this season off??

I agree, total turn off.

He doesn't need to be. He only needs to be loyal to his own interests to take this deal.

We don't know the details so it's a bit pointless blaming one side or the other
lol

If we fail to sign him it'll be a big L for this group and, after the Trey Lance failure, it might be time for some folks to go.

Bosa is an actual first rounder that worked for us lol and now we want to trade him
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Take this for what it's worth.

It's worth nothing. It's a Reddit post.

Fans sites aren't insiders. They are simply Adam Schefter cosplay.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Bosa and his dumb ass agent need to be f**king realistic

IMO, if all that is separating the team and Bosa is $2M a season, we need to just do it. What the hell is 2 mil when you are talking high 30s a year? Nothing.

Unless it's 2 mil guaranteed a year in a 5 year deal. That's 10mil more in guaranteed.

I mean, that's still nothing to me.

Then you pay it to him. Done deal.

SIlly reply.

I guess it's not nothing to you then. Or maybe you didn't know there was a salary cap.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Costanza:
Niners ownership/management will look bad if he's not out there for week 1 imo…as an organization they are hardly strapped for cash.

The way I see it, York/Paraag just aren't used to being the ones without leverage. They're usually getting the best of players in contract negotiations.

Get it done or trade him.

???????
He deserves as much as mid tier QB's who are getting 35+ Million a season. Kirk Cousins for example.

If I could I would trade him for 2 firsts and a serviceable pass rusher.
Originally posted by Montana:
110 million oof

Just collab with Subway and ad for the "4:20 Footlong, with oil, vinegar and "special" seasoning lol.

Lol

That's so much guaranteed that if he gets injured, this team is dead for years.

Why do people think He has the leverage. He's under contract, and the franchise tag will be cheaper than his contract for the following two years, and He assumes the risk of injury if he doesn't sign. He won't do that. Game checks he loses are about a mil a week, and he doesn't get that back. What, he sits out the year? He has Way too much to lose, including that $35-40m instant money.

Seems to me, if you're a fan of the Team, you want them to call his bluff. Clearly, we've already agreed to enough. We have the leverage. He Will Sign what's on the table, because the alternative is a disaster for him.

This line of thinking is something I will never understand,

If we offer him $110M guaranteed and he gets hurt, why is that different than if we offer him $95 and he gets hurt?

Either way, the team would be f**ked. So it comes down to either you want superstars or you don't.

It Is a big risk, so you try to work it off as early as possible, to make that his pay and not a higher salary. That higher salary can stop or be renegotiated in later years. It's a matter of how soon you can minimize your exposure, and the more it is, the longer and deeper you are exposed.

Yes, you need superstars, but you also have to negotiate. How can he improve his situation by not signing this mega deal? He stands to loose all that guaranteed money, game checks, and three years of his prime sitting out? Do you really think he will do that? Has it ever been done by a top talent?

Do you really think he will do that? That line of thinking I will never understand.
Even if Bosa holds out for the year, you don't trade him. He'd be too dangerous on another team. Better for the Niners that he doesn't play.
Originally posted by KiwiM3:
True💯

I agree, total turn off.

We don't know the details so it's a bit pointless blaming one side or the other

We know Exactly what he gets if he sits out.
How lost will he be in the "new" system?
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Even if Bosa holds out for the year, you don't trade him. He'd be too dangerous on another team. Better for the Niners that he doesn't play.

He can't miss more than 8 games
Share 49ersWebzone