There are 252 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Even if Bosa holds out for the year, you don't trade him. He'd be too dangerous on another team. Better for the Niners that he doesn't play.

He won't hold out for the year. At max seven weeks. He needs to get credit for this year. And the Niners will still have two years of control on him.

Bosa starts missing game checks in six days. That money is lost forever and is not added to his extension. Tick tock.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
This front office including Kyle has been taking nothing but L's this entire offseason. One of the worst off offseason's I can remember from this management. It started with the draft where they drafted a TE and Kicker in the 3rd round(A TE that is not even going to play this season). The whole Trey drama they created for themselves and practically giving him away, All because they feel the need to have Sam Darnold. Them sellling the trade as this being a win now team but yet the guy they will a hard time winning without is still not signed and unlikely to play week 1.

1. We signed the number 1 free agent to an already good D-line.

2. We have a franchise QB and number 2. Trey was the one who wanted to be traded after he couldn't beat out a new guy to the system, the same one he had three training camps in.

3. A pick of many team to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

Under normal circumstances, the things you named would crash a team, but the 49ers seemingly keep rolling along and it totally ignores points 1 - 3.
Pay him! It's stupid to say otherwise
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Bosa and his dumb ass agent need to be f**king realistic

IMO, if all that is separating the team and Bosa is $2M a season, we need to just do it. What the hell is 2 mil when you are talking high 30s a year? Nothing.

Unless it's 2 mil guaranteed a year in a 5 year deal. That's 10mil more in guaranteed.

I mean, that's still nothing to me.

Then you pay it to him. Done deal.

SIlly reply.

I guess it's not nothing to you then. Or maybe you didn't know there was a salary cap.

Another silly reply.
Originally posted by magic49:
He is good but not worth qb money! Trade him if he doesn't take 30 million a year

Look at it like this. Would two 15 million a year players bring the same value to the team as the reigning defensive player of the year? I don think so or at least chances are they wouldn't. Even taking into account the two first round picks you would get. Those guys still cost money and you have to hit on the draft picks. Now obviously their is always a line of how high your willing to pay Bosa but no question his fair market value is to be the highest paid non QB contract.
The panic and bitterness in here is wild.

It's just business, people.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:

Correct. 95% of these people haven't negotiated without a Groupon in their lives. So their emotion takes over.

The Niners have paid top of market to almost every starter worth of it. Crazy to see people act like the FO doesn't have their s**t together after all of these years.

It's just emotion in their posts. No logic.
Originally posted by jreff22:
How lost will he be in the "new" system?

I don't think he will be at all. Most of the "new" will be LB blitzes and different coverages.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Bosa and his dumb ass agent need to be f**king realistic

IMO, if all that is separating the team and Bosa is $2M a season, we need to just do it. What the hell is 2 mil when you are talking high 30s a year? Nothing.

Unless it's 2 mil guaranteed a year in a 5 year deal. That's 10mil more in guaranteed.

I mean, that's still nothing to me.

Then you pay it to him. Done deal.

SIlly reply.

I guess it's not nothing to you then. Or maybe you didn't know there was a salary cap.

Another silly reply.

Are you just trying to up your post count? You're adding absolutely nothing to the discussion, but thanks...
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Take this for what it's worth.

It's worth nothing. It's a Reddit post.

Fans sites aren't insiders. They are simply Adam Schefter cosplay.

Well for those that think we're waiting on KC, at least we're not $9.5M apart(not clear if that's per year or total)

The Chiefs (Chris Jones) and the Panthers (Brian Burns) are both planning to play without their star this weekend. Bosa is the third point in the triangle. Each corner is waiting for one of the other corners to give in. Eventually, all three will sign but who knows when. Three different agents, all seeking to set the bar higher than the other, and becoming The Guy.

Meanwhile, three teams are preparing to play a football games this weekend with the guys they have now with the Chiefs up first this Thursday night. Will Michael Katz and Chris Jones blink first?

https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-qb-patrick-mahomes-prepared-to-play-week-1-without-dl-chris-jones

https://www.nfl.com/news/brian-burns-status-for-panthers-opener-uncertain-amid-contract-dispute
Originally posted by dj43:
The Chiefs (Chris Jones) and the Panthers (Brian Burns) are both planning to play without their star this weekend. Bosa is the third point in the triangle. Each corner is waiting for one of the other corners to give in. Eventually, all three will sign but who knows when. Three different agents, all seeking to set the bar higher than the other, and becoming The Guy.

Meanwhile, three teams are preparing to play a football games this weekend with the guys they have now with the Chiefs up first this Thursday night. Will Michael Katz and Chris Jones blink first?

https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-qb-patrick-mahomes-prepared-to-play-week-1-without-dl-chris-jones

https://www.nfl.com/news/brian-burns-status-for-panthers-opener-uncertain-amid-contract-dispute

Would the Chiefs consider dealing Jones? I know they win mainly because of Mahomes, and they may just decide to win games because of the offense and just try to get by with an average defense.
Originally posted by dj43:

I think bosa will sign first. I feel like he cares the most about actually playing. Jones has two rings and burns knows Carolina isn't going to win anything this year

srsly
Originally posted by okdkid:

Correct. 95% of these people haven't negotiated without a Groupon in their lives. So their emotion takes over.

The Niners have paid top of market to almost every starter worth of it. Crazy to see people act like the FO doesn't have their s**t together after all of these years.

It's just emotion in their posts. No logic.

It's just business, but if they can't figure out a way to get their best player out onto the field week 1, then they decidedly do not have their s**t together.
Share 49ersWebzone