There are 219 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by lamontb:
We need a refund. Never thought I'd say that about Bosa. He sure ain't TJ watt

highest paid defensive player in the league, had a 2 tackle day vs a backup. It's not his rib injury, he gets owned a lot.

He does get held a lot and doesn't seem to get the benefit of any calls.
He doesn't seem to be as dominant as he once was.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
He doesn't seem to be as dominant as he once was.

someone said he lost some of that quickness he had in 19.

He looks mentally frustrated and I don't blame him. This scheme is figured out and he he gets held like a mad man with almost no calls. Dont forget he wasn't 100% yesterday.

The others guys have been garbage 99% of the time tho.
Nick lacks the arm techniques and relies on straight bull rushing. I wonder if there are stats on this.
  • jed_X
  • Veteran
Originally posted by derrickt:
Nick lacks the arm techniques and relies on straight bull rushing. I wonder if there are stats on this.

Hand technique is his bread and butter but it seems all he does is bullrush now. My theory is that he didn't get to face trent these past 2 offseasons that's why his technique has gone to s**t
[ Edited by jed_X on Sep 25, 2024 at 1:58 AM ]
Originally posted by wisecraft:
Why is nobody calling this guy out on his huge drop in production. He's a step slow. He's not a game changer. When the game is on the line he's always a step behind. He needs to look in the mirror and sack up. He's definitely not a top 8 pass rusher in this league

lol..are you reading the thread? Many posters are doing that now.

For what we spend on that d line you'd think we'd have at least one dude up there
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Sep 26, 2024 at 2:25 PM ]
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

For what we spend on that d line you'd think we'd have at least one dude up there

This is why I say just start over. For our best pass rushing Dline, everyone except Dee Ford was on a rookie deal.

The other guys, Bosa, Buckner, Armstead, Jones, and Blair were on their first contract.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
someone said he lost some of that quickness he had in 19.

He looks mentally frustrated and I don't blame him. This scheme is figured out and he he gets held like a mad man with almost no calls. Dont forget he wasn't 100% yesterday.

The others guys have been garbage 99% of the time tho.

I dont know how frustrated he is getting, but he has not been great at setting the edge....any anyone else notice him getting caught mid-spin and the tackle just riding Bosa's back as he is pushed out of the play?

Bosa's best attribute so far this season is his Motor and staying active to collect sacks...eventually......vs speed or power or whatever.

Kinda reminds me of Pierce Holt this year...just keep fighting until the play is over and good things can happen, vs Bosa making the bad things happen to the offense.

Anyway...not super worried, it is a long season and I am sure Bosa will hit his stride....

Bosa is a stud why the hate?
Originally posted by GLT49ers:

Because this board sucks
Dude likes to take plays off. I've been calling this since 2022 and I used to get crushed around here for it. Just watch him all game. Personally I think some of it is due to getting chipped constantly and that can't feel good, other times he simply gets blocked and realizes he's not going to do anything.
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Sep 26, 2024 at 4:04 PM ]
We needed to maximize our 1st round draft capital and that might have meant another DL or two to help Bosa which we are missing right now.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by GLT49ers:

Because this board sucks

If we didn't have him our D would be bottom 5
Share 49ersWebzone