There are 232 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
it helps when the we've got a two score lead and the other team can't run the ball.
He def wasn't 100% against the rams.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Hes the longest tenured player on the Dline and with AA gone I think he feels a way to speak more like a leader of the team and a captain. Or maybe I'm just reading into this too much lol

No he's becoming more of a vocal leader and that's good because for a long time now Warner has been the leader of the defense. Bosa is making a concerted effort to be even more of a leader himself and we expect that
Does anyone have stats on win rate vs 1 man or 2 man? He's constantly doubled and i saw one play he was chipped by the RB or TE and then doubled by the oline. Its ridiculous how much attention he commands. He'll never have the sack numbers at that rate.
Great game. Keep it up Bosa
Bosa was "good" last season. He's been "good" this season's first three games. This was game wrecking Bosa though. That was fun to watch.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Does anyone have stats on win rate vs 1 man or 2 man? He's constantly doubled and i saw one play he was chipped by the RB or TE and then doubled by the oline. Its ridiculous how much attention he commands. He'll never have the sack numbers at that rate.

Bosa isn't constantly doubled. Sometimes he is but often times he isn't. Early in the game he was being moved by one guy on many occasions. He was driven back or ridden around the QB. In the 4th quarter near the end he was beating whoever it was that they had on him. I don't know if it was a different tackle or the guy was just tired but Nick was going right around him nearly untouched. He looked like T J Watt does all game long.

Bosa's biggest problem is he just isn't closing the deal. He gets pressure but isn't getting the sack. QB hurries are great but if they get the pass away it can still be a completion. Get him on the ground.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Bosa isn't constantly doubled. Sometimes he is but often times he isn't. Early in the game he was being moved by one guy on many occasions. He was driven back or ridden around the QB. In the 4th quarter near the end he was beating whoever it was that they had on him. I don't know if it was a different tackle or the guy was just tired but Nick was going right around him nearly untouched. He looked like T J Watt does all game long.

Bosa's biggest problem is he just isn't closing the deal. He gets pressure but isn't getting the sack. QB hurries are great but if they get the pass away it can still be a completion. Get him on the ground.

Last year Bosa was doubled 26% of the time per ESPN. Not sure if that # is true double teams or does it count where the back chips him.

According to PFF he's been "Chipped" 16% of the time this year.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Last year Bosa was doubled 26% of the time per ESPN. Not sure if that # is true double teams or does it count where the back chips him.

According to PFF he's been "Chipped" 16% of the time this year.

I'm pretty sure that includes chip blocks. Those can be enough to slow a pass rusher. It doesn't really matter since every good pass rusher gets doubled, chipped and held. Bosa isn't alone in that area. We need to keep yesterday in perspective. The Pats have a terrible O line. The Jet sacked Brissett 7 times last week. The Niners entire D line was creating pressure all day.It's why NE doesn't want to play Drake Maye. They're saving him from suffering from what happened to Jim Plunkett.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Sep 30, 2024 at 8:58 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone