There are 182 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Guy better start stepping it up
Bosa looks like he's on a bulk, lol
He obliterated that guys leg
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Losing leverage on the Murray TD cost us 7 points though.

same thing loss us the Super Bowl

Both accounts are wrong(Yesterday and SB). The left side of the DL slanted inside. Re-watch the play. I'd point out who was likely to blame on the play, but it would only infuriate you even more.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 7, 2024 at 11:46 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

Both accounts are wrong(Yesterday and SB). The left side of the DL slanted inside. Re-watch the play. I'd point out who was likely to blame on the play, but it would only infuriate you even more.

Agreed, but makes me ask if you think the scheme needs refinement or is weak with that etc?
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Agreed, but makes me ask if you think the scheme needs refinement or is weak with that etc?

Or since you are the DPOTY, maybe take a chance hold the edge and take down the QB. If he had done that he would have a ring. Instead, right or wrong you get to blame scheme.
Originally posted by TD49ers:

Or since you are the DPOTY, maybe take a chance hold the edge and take down the QB. If he had done that he would have a ring. Instead, right or wrong you get to blame scheme.

If he doesn't crash then the ball doesn't get kept by QB and there's a hole where he's supposed to crash.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

If he doesn't crash then the ball doesn't get kept by QB and there's a hole where he's supposed to crash.

Anticipate .....He just crashes.

You want him to always anticipate the QB keeps instead of crashing down the line and doing his job. Well I've heard enough thanks

You want him to always anticipate the QB keeps instead of crashing down the line and doing his job. Well I've heard enough thanks

Whatever. If he does we have a ring. Is that enough?

Not only that- the poster literally wants Bosa to not carry out his assignment. What did Spencer Burford not carrying out his assignment cost us? Nothing wrong with how they play the read option. The goal is to account for if the QB keeps the ball and if they hand off. Bosa did his job. Just like he did in the Super Bowl with Mahommes. The linebacker or safety needs to do theirs and get the QB.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Not only that- the poster literally wants Bosa to not carry out his assignment. What did Spencer Burford not carrying out his assignment cost us? Nothing wrong with how they play the read option. The goal is to account for if the QB keeps the ball and if they hand off. Bosa did his job. Just like he did in the Super Bowl with Mahommes. The linebacker or safety needs to do theirs and get the QB.

There's fans who understand gap integrity and those that do not.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

There's fans who understand gap integrity and those that do not.

This has nothing to do with a technical understanding. A player needs to have instincts and some freedom especially with Bosas stature. This is a read option play........enjoy his gap integrity. I would much rather have a ring. I dont really enjoy watching Murray make the defense look like fools as he points to the end zone at the 50 yard line!. At least he has Gap integrity!l!
[ Edited by TD49ers on Oct 7, 2024 at 5:41 PM ]
Maybe you guys have inside knowledge that they coach him to crash down and just tackle the rb every time. IF so we have the worst defensive coaches in the league. That's no way to defend the read option. Bose is supposed to contain the qb as the unblocked DE. He shouldn't just crash down. He should keep his shoulders square and diagnosis the play. IF the qb keeps it then he should have a spot to get to try to cut off the qb. If the qb does hand the ball off then he just trails behind the play. Fred, Huf, and Winters all did a bad job diagnosing the play as well. They all thought it was an inside hand off. And if we are expecting Campbell to beat his block and tackle Murray in the open field then that just goes right back to the niners having really dumb coaches.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Maybe you guys have inside knowledge that they coach him to crash down and just tackle the rb every time. IF so we have the worst defensive coaches in the league. That's no way to defend the read option. Bose is supposed to contain the qb as the unblocked DE. He shouldn't just crash down. He should keep his shoulders square and diagnosis the play. IF the qb keeps it then he should have a spot to get to try to cut off the qb. If the qb does hand the ball off then he just trails behind the play. Fred, Huf, and Winters all did a bad job diagnosing the play as well. They all thought it was an inside hand off. And if we are expecting Campbell to beat his block and tackle Murray in the open field then that just goes right back to the niners having really dumb coaches.

I believe that is a thing with the wide 9 and how they use it in the scheme. It simplifies the assignment for the linemen etc, but I will let other elaborate on that.

I think our scheme is in question more than anything tbh. If you have a loaded defense it works, but then imo that could apply to any scheme. I also feel just like offense, defense has to evolve and change things up.
Share 49ersWebzone