There are 131 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Maybe you guys have inside knowledge that they coach him to crash down and just tackle the rb every time. IF so we have the worst defensive coaches in the league. That's no way to defend the read option. Bose is supposed to contain the qb as the unblocked DE. He shouldn't just crash down. He should keep his shoulders square and diagnosis the play. IF the qb keeps it then he should have a spot to get to try to cut off the qb. If the qb does hand the ball off then he just trails behind the play. Fred, Huf, and Winters all did a bad job diagnosing the play as well. They all thought it was an inside hand off. And if we are expecting Campbell to beat his block and tackle Murray in the open field then that just goes right back to the niners having really dumb coaches.

That's one way to defend read plays, but the 49ers have never used that technique under Kocurek. Kocurek doesn't ask his ends to slow play the mesh point and squeeze down the line. Since he's all about playing fast, he uses a scrape exchange and has his ends crash the dive. It's the responsibility of the backside LB to scrape over the top and exchange gaps with the end.

It's been this way for many years now.

I don't want to see Bosa 1 on 1 vs Murray in the open field after what Jameis Winston did to him.

This is what I posted regarding it. Rather have someone more athletic on the QB. They want Bosa to tear his ACL

Who do we have that's more athletic? Good knowledge from all of you guys overall though over the last few pages on this topic.
Maybe you guys have inside knowledge that they coach him to crash down and just tackle the rb every time. IF so we have the worst defensive coaches in the league. That's no way to defend the read option. Bose is supposed to contain the qb as the unblocked DE. He shouldn't just crash down. He should keep his shoulders square and diagnosis the play. IF the qb keeps it then he should have a spot to get to try to cut off the qb. If the qb does hand the ball off then he just trails behind the play. Fred, Huf, and Winters all did a bad job diagnosing the play as well. They all thought it was an inside hand off. And if we are expecting Campbell to beat his block and tackle Murray in the open field then that just goes right back to the niners having really dumb coaches.

That's one way to defend read plays, but the 49ers have never used that technique under Kocurek. Kocurek doesn't ask his ends to slow play the mesh point and squeeze down the line. Since he's all about playing fast, he uses a scrape exchange and has his ends crash the dive. It's the responsibility of the backside LB to scrape over the top and exchange gaps with the end.

I don't want to see Bosa 1 on 1 vs Murray in the open field after what Jameis Winston did to him.

This is what I posted regarding it. Rather have someone more athletic on the QB. They want Bosa to tear his ACL

Who do we have that's more athletic? Good knowledge from all of you guys overall though over the last few pages on this topic.

Ideally Greenlaw comes back and fills in immediately but that's not realistic. I'd love for them to pounce on Devin White just for the athleticism he would bring cause Cambell is undisciplined and not athletic.

Ideally Greenlaw comes back and fills in immediately but that's not realistic. I'd love for them to pounce on Devin White just for the athleticism he would bring cause Cambell is undisciplined and not athletic.

Agreed. JL has to be on the phone with his agent. I hate Campbell so much I'm starting to want to fight every person i see with dreads on the street.
  • thl408
Agreed. JL has to be on the phone with his agent. I hate Campbell so much I'm starting to want to fight every person i see with dreads on the street.

Great player. Not quite elite like Watt, Garrett, Hutchinson.
[ Edited by 49ers9797 on Oct 10, 2024 at 3:46 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ers9797:
Great player. Not quite in that elite group with Watt though.

A group of 1?
Originally posted by 49ers9797:
Great player. Not quite elite like Watt, Garrett, Hutchinson.

Drugs are bad mmmmkay?
He played really well tonight.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Ya he was all over the field tonight. Pass break up too, and made a couple nice plays in the run game.

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Ya he was all over the field tonight. Pass break up too, and made a couple nice plays in the run game.

wasn't sure if that was Bosa's pressures or a poorly drawn picture of one of DK Metcalf's previous haircuts
[ Edited by BP13 on Oct 10, 2024 at 9:17 PM ]
Monster game
Dominate game against the Seacocks. This is more like it!
I've been calling him out for a bit but yesterday was something we haven't seen since 2022. Him completely dominating the entire game. He's such a force when he's like that.
Share 49ersWebzone