There are 196 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ers9797:
Great player. Not quite elite like Watt, Garrett, Hutchinson.

With Bosa you have to judge by qb pressures rather than sacks because hes not a sure tackler all the time. A lot of qbs will escape out of his grasp. But his overall effectiveness as a DE is still as elite as Watt and Hutchinson. If he was a better finisher he would have 30 sacks every season. Plus hes their only effective edge rusher
[ Edited by swagnificent on Oct 11, 2024 at 5:40 AM ]
Originally posted by swagnificent:
Originally posted by 49ers9797:
Great player. Not quite elite like Watt, Garrett, Hutchinson.

With Bosa you have to judge by qb pressures rather than sacks because hes not a sure tackler all the time. A lot of qbs will escape out of his grasp. But his overall effectiveness as a DE is still as elite as Watt and Hutchinson. If he was a better finisher he would have 30 sacks every season. Plus hes their only effective edge rusher

His pressures are unbelievable this year. Off the charts. Wish he would get a few more sacks. But he's highly effective. Changing the games for sure.
Originally posted by MoeJontana84:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Ya he was all over the field tonight. Pass break up too, and made a couple nice plays in the run game.

wasn't sure if that was Bosa's pressures or a poorly drawn picture of one of DK Metcalf's previous haircuts

when will Bosa be this good?
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Oct 12, 2024 at 3:03 PM ]
Bosa and Warner have felt like the only 2 players at times this year on defense.... I get if other dudes are thought of as better....but if this dude was on even an average defense he might be in the running for DMVP again .

Bosa is still great, at the very least his effort is matching his salary even if he is not collecting DMVP sack totals
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Bosa and Warner have felt like the only 2 players at times this year on defense.... I get if other dudes are thought of as better....but if this dude was on even an average defense he might be in the running for DMVP again .

Bosa is still great, at the very least his effort is matching his salary even if he is not collecting DMVP sack totals

6 games 3 sacks. He's also dissappeared in the games we've lost for stretches. If he wasn't the highest paid defensive end in the NFL it wouldn't be as big an issue but he is.
[ Edited by jcs on Oct 12, 2024 at 11:38 PM ]
Originally posted by jcs:

6 games 3 sacks. He's also dissappeared in the games we've lost for stretches. If he wasn't the highest paid defensive end in the NFL it wouldn't be as big an issue but he is.

No one dominates every play out there. Not Watt or Hutchinson.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by jcs:

No one dominates every play out there. Not Watt or Hutchinson.

I think his point is that Bosa hasn't played up to his contract and how he was in 2019, 2021-22. Hutchinson has been playing better than Bosa this year I feel before getting hurt. I think he has Bosa beat in most statistic including pressures and sacks, but not how fast rushers come off the snap?? I think Bosa also has more tackles or solo tackles... anywho correct me if I'm wrong about the stats.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Oct 14, 2024 at 8:35 PM ]
Basically all you have to ask if this was 2019 again would Bosa demand 30M+ again? Majority of us says no.
There was over 200 yards of penalties tonight in the Bills v Jets game and Nick Bosa has never had a hold called against him in Chiefs games.

How is that possible?

Originally posted by swagnificent:

It's also the last year and a half the team has been particularly poor in the back end covering that he is getting there right as they throw it.

if Bosa was playing with a more consistent secondary with more creative scheming he'd be doing much better statistically.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
It's also the last year and a half the team has been particularly poor in the back end covering that he is getting there right as they throw it.

if Bosa was playing with a more consistent secondary with more creative scheming he'd be doing much better statistically.

Yeah the raiders secondary has been a true powerhouse
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Yeah the raiders secondary has been a true powerhouse

Assume you are referring to Crosby? Bosa has a better pass rush win rate and PFF has him ranked 14 points higher.
Assume you are referring to Crosby? Bosa has a better pass rush win rate and PFF has him ranked 14 points higher.

I just meant sacks. He has more this year, had more last year, etc. since it was brought up the reason bosa can't finish is due to secondary not being great
Originally posted by frenchmov:

I just meant sacks. He has more this year, had more last year, etc. since it was brought up the reason bosa can't finish is due to secondary not being great
Idk I need to watch more Crosby, cause when I do watch him it's nothing but 1v1s with no chips
Share 49ersWebzone