Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Maxx Crosby 5.5
TJ Watt 4.5
Myles Garrett 4.0
Brian Burns 3.0
Nick Bosa 3.0

All the top pass rushers are pretty much right there with each other. No one is really pulling away.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Maxx Crosby 5.5
TJ Watt 4.5
Myles Garrett 4.0
Brian Burns 3.0
Nick Bosa 3.0

All the top pass rushers are pretty much right there with each other. No one is really pulling away.

You forgot to add in Hutchinson even though hes done for the season with 7.5 Sacks and I think he leads in pressures too.
[tweet
{

Nicholas can't do it all himself!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
[tweet
{

I still think letting Young walk was a mistake.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
[tweet
{

Guy wasn't hustling or giving 100%. Hard to reward a guy doing that
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
[tweet
{

Plus as the Saints lose more and more games you'll start to see Young huff and puff and walk around more as the play is going on
[tweet
{

I agree his effort f**king sucked. But so did Wilkes and now he seems to being doing a halfway decent job out in New Orleans meanwhile Floyd isn't showing much.
[tweet
{

I agree his effort f**king sucked. But so did Wilkes and now he seems to being doing a halfway decent job out in New Orleans meanwhile Floyd isn't showing much.
This is what screws with me.. is it our scheme or do other outside players just not give 100%

floyd was avg 10 sacks the last few years, now it's not looking like the same guy
[tweet
{

This is what screws with me.. is it our scheme or do other outside players just not give 100%

floyd was avg 10 sacks the last few years, now it's not looking like the same guy

I said similar to that one the pass rush win %. Both Bosa and Hargrove were near the top and I said why don't our pass rush wins look like other teams pass rush wins. It just feels like we are willing to always give up the underneath passing game so when our pass rushers win fast QBs just go to their first short read.
I said similar to that one the pass rush win %. Both Bosa and Hargrove were near the top and I said why don't our pass rush wins look like other teams pass rush wins. It just feels like we are willing to always give up the underneath passing game so when our pass rushers win fast QBs just go to their first short read.

I feel like that's what it is. When I watch Floyd I feel like there's pass rush wins there, we just don't play the right coverages to help them finish…..the amount of almost sacks from Bosa this yr has gotta be frustrating for him.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Maxx Crosby 5.5
TJ Watt 4.5
Myles Garrett 4.0
Brian Burns 3.0
Nick Bosa 3.0

You forgot to add in Hutchinson even though hes done for the season with 7.5 Sacks and I think he leads in pressures too.

Yah thats why I didn't really add him to the list because of injury. But yes he's a frickin beast and I'm sad to see him go out like that this season.

I feel like that's what it is. When I watch Floyd I feel like there's pass rush wins there, we just don't play the right coverages to help them finish…..the amount of almost sacks from Bosa this yr has gotta be frustrating for him.

Tbf when we had greenlaw everything would be funneled to him and Warner. Campbell being out there is an easy pass every time
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Sometimes I feel like we use these pressure stats (which I never heard of prior to a couple of years ago) to justify an overpaid-pretty-good edge rusher.
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Sometimes I feel like we use these pressure stats (which I never heard of prior to a couple of years ago) to justify an overpaid-pretty-good edge rusher.

Depends. For example, take last game. Bosa got a pressure that literally caused a pick. Would you rather he got a sack and the Seahawks get 3? No. But there are other times where lack of a sack allows for a conversion.
Originally posted by A-R-S:

Cause it didn't become a seriously tracked statistic but players and coaches have always said pressure>sacks.
Share 49ersWebzone