There are 247 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Sometimes I feel like we use these pressure stats (which I never heard of prior to a couple of years ago) to justify an overpaid-pretty-good edge rusher.

FACTS

OPINION

EMOTION
need a new stat for being held and no call/flag

Originally posted by A-R-S:
Sometimes I feel like we use these pressure stats (which I never heard of prior to a couple of years ago) to justify an overpaid-pretty-good edge rusher.

FACTS

Player A: 10 sacks, 5 pressures. (3 sacks came from blown assignments where the player had a free unobstructed path to QB)

Player B: 7 sacks, 15 pressures

Player A >>> Player B huh?
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Pressure can also be a "made up" stat, for example;

On 4th down in the super bowl on that zone read play when Bosa rushed in and hit the tailback which allowed PM to run for the 1st down. Would Bosa be credited for a pressure on that play? I mean PM ran because Bosa came screaming down to the A Gap.

Clearly you are not familiar with how pressures are calculated.

Clearly you are not familiar with football in real life away from the computer screen and data.

LOL

Yeah he's the one in this debate who's struggling with understanding the basics of football.

Yea, it takes data from a computer to truly understand the basics of football.

Bro you think Bosa would get a pressure on a zone read. A run play. You're not in a position to critique someone who's looking at advanced data.
Originally posted by miked1978:

Player A: 10 sacks, 5 pressures. (3 sacks came from blown assignments where the player had a free unobstructed path to QB)

Player B: 7 sacks, 15 pressures

Player A >>> Player B huh?

Drake Jackson had 3 sacks in a game. He clearly is a great edge rusher
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

On 4th down in the super bowl on that zone read play when Bosa rushed in and hit the tailback which allowed PM to run for the 1st down. Would Bosa be credited for a pressure on that play? I mean PM ran because Bosa came screaming down to the A Gap.

Clearly you are not familiar with how pressures are calculated.

Clearly you are not familiar with football in real life away from the computer screen and data.

LOL

Yeah he's the one in this debate who's struggling with understanding the basics of football.

Yea, it takes data from a computer to truly understand the basics of football.

Bro you think Bosa would get a pressure on a zone read. A run play. You're not in a position to critique someone who's looking at advanced data.

LMAO

Yea, cause it has to be a designed run. Couldn't possibly be a RPO or anything because the data says.

Excuse me, the ADVANCED DATA says so.

LOL

place your bets

Man you're trying way to hard 🤣

Will Reid make him eat his words...
I don't ask Bosa 25 sacks per season.

I just ask him to close the game in the 4th qtr when we are winning by 10 and the other team is throwing passes on every down which is something he hasn't done the last 2 seasons.

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Will Reid make him eat his words...

Nick confirming exactly what we've been saying the entire damn offseason that he did what he was asked to do: crash the dive.

I can tell he wanted to throw Wilks under the bus. He hinted at what I said that after the SB that the onus is on the coaches to vary their end's read technique and not have them doing the same s**t every single time, especially after a few plays where crashing the dive facilitated a TFL and no gain in favor of the 49ers' run defense.

Sorensen will probably have them keep crashing the dive and then vary in some other technique ie staying home and squeezing down the LOS, crashing the QB, etc. There are a few things they can do to mix things up.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 17, 2024 at 12:07 AM ]
Originally posted by Monsterniner:

I just ask him to close the game in the 4th qtr when we are winning by 10 and the other team is throwing passes on every down which is something he hasn't done the last 2 seasons.

Tell that DC and secondary to tighten up. I don't care how fast your get off is at the LOS (bosa is legit top 5 there currently) doesn't matter if a QB can play out of shotgun and dump the ball off because CBs are playing off.
Nick is disruptive and is the second-best player on D and top 5 on the team. The ints in the last game were both a result of his pressure. There are more results from rushing the passer than just sacks.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Monsterniner:

Tell that DC and secondary to tighten up. I don't care how fast your get off is at the LOS (bosa is legit top 5 there currently) doesn't matter if a QB can play out of shotgun and dump the ball off because CBs are playing off.

Same issues for 3 years.
Share 49ersWebzone