There are 216 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Seeing Chase Young and Yaya Diaby on this list makes me sad
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Tell that DC and secondary to tighten up. I don't care how fast your get off is at the LOS (bosa is legit top 5 there currently) doesn't matter if a QB can play out of shotgun and dump the ball off because CBs are playing off.

Greens development is so essential to this team long term.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

FWIW:

The New Orleans Saints were hammered at home by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 6. Defensive end Chase Young played a part in his team allowing 51 points.

Young was traded for a compensatory third-round pick to the San Francisco 49ers at the 2023 trade deadline. The No. 2 overall selection in the 2020 NFL Draft didn't last long there, switching to the Saints in free agency.

The Ohio State product only had two tackles on the day and zero total pressures. Baker Mayfield didn't have to worry about him once. Being a non-factor in the pass rush wasn't the end of the frustrating day for Young, as he only had a 61.2 run defense grade according to Pro Football Focus.

https://riggosrag.com/3-former-washington-commanders-players-who-struggled-week-6
Originally posted by Jcool:

FWIW:

The New Orleans Saints were hammered at home by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 6. Defensive end Chase Young played a part in his team allowing 51 points.

Young was traded for a compensatory third-round pick to the San Francisco 49ers at the 2023 trade deadline. The No. 2 overall selection in the 2020 NFL Draft didn't last long there, switching to the Saints in free agency.

The Ohio State product only had two tackles on the day and zero total pressures. Baker Mayfield didn't have to worry about him once. Being a non-factor in the pass rush wasn't the end of the frustrating day for Young, as he only had a 61.2 run defense grade according to Pro Football Focus.

https://riggosrag.com/3-former-washington-commanders-players-who-struggled-week-6

It's amazing that an edge rusher like Young who was so good in college is virtually non existent in the NFL. He had a somewhat promising rookie season but nothing since. I know he's had some injuries but even when healthy he hasn't done much.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

FWIW:

It's amazing that an edge rusher like Young who was so good in college is virtually non existent in the NFL. He had a somewhat promising rookie season but nothing since. I know he's had some injuries but even when healthy he hasn't done much.

According to the chart he's generating pressure better than most the NFL. But I'm not watching saints game film like you guys must be so I guess he's looking bad this year.

FWIW:

According to the chart he's generating pressure better than most the NFL. But I'm not watching saints game film like you guys must be so I guess he's looking bad this year.

I think it's more about not living up to expectations. He had 30 sacks at OSU. He was named to the all decade team. He was the 2nd overall pick after getting 16.5 sacks his senior year. Nick Bosa's best year was 8.5 so you would expect to see way more production than he's shown. I was hoping that when he came here last season he would be fired up and start playing like the guy in college.

FWIW:

I think it's more about not living up to expectations. He had 30 sacks at OSU. He was named to the all decade team. He was the 2nd overall pick after getting 16.5 sacks his senior year. Nick Bosa's best year was 8.5 so you would expect to see way more production than he's shown. I was hoping that when he came here last season he would be fired up and start playing like the guy in college.

Yeah we all had high hopes for him. Before the draft people said he wasn't the technician Bosa was and he won't be able to just rely on his athleticism in the pros. Unlike Myles Garrett who was damn near a perfect prospect coming out but Chase Young mirrored his freakish athleticism so he had lofty comparisons. He had his season ending injury that took about 2 years to get back from. Then we traded for him and had a DC who was able to make Nick Bosa look like a mid tier edge rusher. I'm not excusing Chase Young's effort cause he took plays off as much as Deebo. But the potential he had is why I wanted to keep him here cause if a team is able to really get him to blossom they have a franchise edge rusher.
Share 49ersWebzone