LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 119 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
AaRoN dOnAlD has 1 SaCk ThIs YeAr He SuCkS
Originally posted by rtj03:
I know this won't be popular but I'm not too impressed with Bosa. He's had a couple of pressures but seems like all he is hustle. I watch him and he seems tiny out there and is always on the ground. He hustles and chases which leads to some plays but he's not dominate or unstoppable or anything like that. Solid player but at pick 2 was hoping more for like a Myles Garett or von miller type unique athlete.
Are you sure you're not watching his Pop Warner tape?

It's always to funny to see NFL vets like Baldy talk him up and then come here to read armchair experts say the opposite.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

And Miller has ZERO. Miller must be all hustle and only comes up with a play every now and then.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

And Miller has ZERO. Miller must be all hustle and only comes up with a play every now and then.

iono i didn't really watch the game, but just from the highlights I felt his pressure.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I threw this together just for you, Phoenix.

Haha yasss!
I know this won't be popular but I'm not too impressed with Bosa. He's had a couple of pressures but seems like all he is hustle. I watch him and he seems tiny out there and is always on the ground. He hustles and chases which leads to some plays but he's not dominate or unstoppable or anything like that. Solid player but at pick 2 was hoping more for like a Myles Garett or von miller type unique athlete.

Sorry I don't want to be a dick but this is a take where someone looks at the box score and doesn't watch how someone's play affects the game.

A couple pressures? Dude had 7 just this past game, which is insane when there was only 27 passing attempts. He was unblockable and was up against one of the best LTs in football.

Myles is a freak alien athlete and players like that don't come around every draft. I'm sure you saw the sack numbers vs NJ and didn't see him unblocked on a couple of them. Von Miller has zero sacks right now.

Horrible take imo. Kid has been legit this yr and there's plenty of film to back that up right now.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Sorry I don't want to be a dick but this is a take where someone looks at the box score and doesn't watch how someone's play affects the game.

A couple pressures? Dude had 7 just this past game, which is insane when there was only 27 passing attempts. He was unblockable and was up against one of the best LTs in football.

Myles is a freak alien athlete and players like that don't come around every draft. I'm sure you saw the sack numbers vs NJ and didn't see him unblocked on a couple of them. Von Miller has zero sacks right now.

Horrible take imo. Kid has been legit this yr and there's plenty of film to back that up right now.

Yeah I have to agree with NY here. Bosa has been in the backfield it seems like every other play. He also should have about 4 sacks right now, there were several times where he just missed the tackle. This kid is such a stud and I think we have the best DL in the NFL

Haha yasss!

So you are saying Thanos kick's Bosa's butt not long after his moment?
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
I would have a gigantic meltdown if Bosa was on another team at the moment.
To have this impact so early even if he was unstoppable in College, that´s really impressive.
Originally posted by Luckycharms:

Yeah I have to agree with NY here. Bosa has been in the backfield it seems like every other play. He also should have about 4 sacks right now, there were several times where he just missed the tackle. This kid is such a stud and I think we have the best DL in the NFL

To add, we couldn't generate a turnover last year if our life depended on it and now ? And now we've more than doubled are 2018 output in just 3 games? Bosa has been exactly has advertised and his partners in crime have done great as well.

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Luckycharms:

To add, we couldn't generate a turnover last year if our life depended on it and now ? And now we've more than doubled are 2018 output in just 3 games? Bosa has been exactly has advertised and his partners in crime have done great as well.

To see Bosa's play in the last three games is already 1000 times better then what we have had in the last two seasons.

Also this dude has only 600+ posts since 2006. I wonder who the alt really is
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Sep 24, 2019 at 5:16 AM ]
He's playing like a very good 5 year veteran. So good all around. Took over on that last drive to. Should be 100% healthy after the bye, lookout!
He is so good as a rookie. The last rookie that impressed me like this was Patrick Willis. It was clear he has HoF talent by week 5 of his rookie year. Clear to everyone but singletary.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
He's playing like a very good 5 year veteran. So good all around. Took over on that last drive to. Should be 100% healthy after the bye, lookout!

Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
He is so good as a rookie. The last rookie that impressed me like this was Patrick Willis. It was clear he has HoF talent by week 5 of his rookie year. Clear to everyone but singletary.

I can see the potential H of F talent. We shall see. But I agree that he has the ability to take over games. He's been slowed by a bum ankle, and all indications are that after the bye he should be close to 100% I think he'll get even better at that point in putting pressure and sack stats.

I'd like to see him work better with Buckner on stunts and dogs. But that will come with more reps and practice with Buckner. On that last steeler drive, it was so funny how Mason Reindeer tried to draw offsides our DLine, but they were so confident in their ability to pass rush without anticipating the snap count that none of them flinched and fell for those fake hikes.

By no means has Boda's ceiling been reached. He can get stronger, smarter, and eventually the defense will be built around him. I want to see Saleh take advantage of Bosa's ability to disrupt plays by moving him around like Seifert did. And what I mean by that is Haley (for example) would move around pre-snap - and he'd cause all sorts of false starts and delay-of-games in doing so.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Haha yasss!

So you are saying Thanos kick's Bosa's butt not long after his moment?

GIF cuts off short. Dee Ford says on your left just after it ends
Share 49ersWebzone