LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 112 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Some extra visibility on where Bosa stands with the other guys

Playing on a bum ankle and less snaps than anyone on that list by nearly a 1/3 but tied for 8th in pressures with Myles Garrett.

Originally posted by rtj03:
I know this won't be popular but I'm not too impressed with Bosa. He's had a couple of pressures but seems like all he is hustle. I watch him and he seems tiny out there and is always on the ground. He hustles and chases which leads to some plays but he's not dominate or unstoppable or anything like that. Solid player but at pick 2 was hoping more for like a Myles Garett or von miller type unique athlete.

No offense but do you know what you're looking for? Not every sack has to be a speed rush or unblocked run to the QB.
I know this won't be popular but I'm not too impressed with Bosa. He's had a couple of pressures but seems like all he is hustle. I watch him and he seems tiny out there and is always on the ground. He hustles and chases which leads to some plays but he's not dominate or unstoppable or anything like that. Solid player but at pick 2 was hoping more for like a Myles Garett or von miller type unique athlete.

Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by thl408:
I think the RB was releasing into a route but it looks like they brought 3 guys to block Boss and he still tossed the LT aside.

I aM nOT ImPreSeD
Originally posted by genus49:

No offense but do you know what you're looking for? Not every sack has to be a speed rush or unblocked run to the QB.

Good question, genus49!
Originally posted by cortana49:

Good question, genus49!

I feel like if you watched all 3 games, you cant not be impressed with bosa. Maybe hes just boxscore watching.
Well he said it wasn't going to be popular. He right

To add to your point, not every pass rusher needs to be a unique and elite athlete either. Jared Allen was not an all world athlete but he was an all world pass rusher.
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
I feel like if you watched all 3 games, you cant not be impressed with bosa. Maybe hes just boxscore watching.

He's the type of fan who would have said Julio Jones was a bad receiver in 2017 because it took 6 weeks for him to get his first TD.
[ Edited by Dsoto87 on Sep 24, 2019 at 7:52 AM ]
Judging someone's performance by where he was picked is always a bad idea unless it's really a whiff. If he had been picked #10 instead of #2 would his performance be okay? He's not completely healthy and we're only 3 games in. This entire D line will look a lot better by mid season as they get used to playing as a unit.

Mama Bosa breeds pass rushers. Wonder if she will have anymore kids...
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Originally posted by njninersfan420:

He's the type of fan who would have said Julio Jones was a bad receiver in 2017 because it took 6 weeks for him to get his first TD.

Ha exactly
Bosa is like a jedi. When he touches you, read your weaknesses. Get you off balanced, then f**k you up, throws you aside.

He gets into the OT quickly. Tap into their center of gravity gyroscope. Feel where they are most heaviest, then just throws em on their ass to that side.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 24, 2019 at 9:49 AM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
I think the RB was releasing into a route but it looks like they brought 3 guys to block Boss and he still tossed the LT aside.

Look at AA. He missed sack to Rudolph.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Look at AA. He missed sack to Rudolph.

AA is the only reason the QB couldn't step up or take off straight up the field.
Share 49ersWebzone