LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 195 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Elite hands. The crazy part is he's had elite hands since he was Freshman.

If he had elite arms he'd have at least 4 sacks by now. I think once the ankle is better he'll close the deal on some of those near sacks.

couple of those "missed" sacks turned into INTs I believe...I'll take an INT over a sack lol

Yet, Shanny and JL and Saleh all got plastered on this board for saying that. They weren't worried about sacks, they wanted pressures that make the QB do stupid things. BB says the same thing.

Yup, PFF (for whatever it's worth) values pressure more than sacks. constant pressure all game is much much more important than landing one sack. Hopefully the constant pressure equals more sacks end of the day though.
Yup, PFF (for whatever it's worth) values pressure more than sacks. constant pressure all game is much much more important than landing one sack. Hopefully the constant pressure equals more sacks end of the day though.

Still dont understand why PFF gets dismissed so much. There's literally no alternative, and the people doing the grading know more than 99% of fans. Every NFL team requests the data each week, so obviously its not too inaccurate.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Still dont understand why PFF gets dismissed so much. There's literally no alternative, and the people doing the grading know more than 99% of fans. Every NFL team requests the data each week, so obviously its not too inaccurate.

Yeah it's a good quantitative foundation to use when discussing a players ranks and how they've played...It's far from the end all be all if a player is good or bad IMO.

I just use it as another tool when discussing players. Some people just hate analytics and I get how it can be a little off certain times.

If he had elite arms he'd have at least 4 sacks by now. I think once the ankle is better he'll close the deal on some of those near sacks.

couple of those "missed" sacks turned into INTs I believe...I'll take an INT over a sack lol

Yet, Shanny and JL and Saleh all got plastered on this board for saying that. They weren't worried about sacks, they wanted pressures that make the QB do stupid things. BB says the same thing.

I've read an article on this but also talked to my uncle who coaches college. It's a very valuable stat as it breaks into other categories such as: incompletion %, int's, hurried passes. I mean they have it broken down to a tee to a science.
Every position coach has some sort of intriguing lil stat on their group and how they perform on certain scenarios.

I will say from watching our Dline get to the QB it's forcing TO's or solid stops. It's a working and I'm a liking

I think PFF is a good tool for some positions and not so great for others. For pass rushers PFF is a good tool. For CBs it's a okay tool but flawed.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I think PFF is a good tool for some positions and not so great for others. For pass rushers PFF is a good tool. For CBs it's a okay tool but flawed.

The way they grade players is dumb but I appreciate the advanced stats they produce. Coaches probably request the data to get a deeper look at the numbers, I doubt they care about pff grades
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Sep 25, 2019 at 3:01 PM ]

Not sure if this rush has been posted...bro
Originally posted by 4ML:

And we have 'em both.

Psssh if his last name wasn't Bosa no one would even know who he was. /s

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Psssh if his last name wasn't Bosa no one would even know who he was. /s

Yes we wouldn't.

Waterbear, insert your shake weight gif

That kind of short sightedness with sacks will have fans thinking Cassius Marsh is better than or equal to Ronald Blair.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

That kind of short sightedness with sacks will have fans thinking Cassius Marsh is better than or equal to Ronald Blair.

Well than why doesn't Blair celebrate pressures with a round house kick?

On limited snaps too!
Share 49ersWebzone