LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 138 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I need me some Bosa.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
So now we are counting almost got to the QB. But didn't quite get there.

salty
NFL DROY odds

Seems that the sports books see pressure as worthy of some hardware. Odd, I don't see QW anywhere on that list.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4040982/quinnen-williams

Still can't believe we got this guy...
Originally posted by RedGoldSquatch:
NFL DROY odds

Seems that the sports books see pressure as worthy of some hardware. Odd, I don't see QW anywhere on that list.

He's too busy remaking Oprah's meme.

Like, on nearly every one of his pass rushes rather than once a game. Big diff.
I'm not ashamed to say that I was wrong about Bosa. I had serious concerns about his ability to be an effective NFL pass rusher and thought Quinnen Williams was the better overall prospect and should've been the pick. Of course that still might be the case but Bosa is an absolute beast! It's pretty amazing to see a rookie 3 games into his career (and still not 100% healthy) so easily handle veteran NFL veteran offensive lineman. With his skill, strength and relentlessness, I can see him eventually being on the same level of a Khalil Mack, J.J. Watt, Clowney, etc.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I'm not ashamed to say that I was wrong about Bosa. I had serious concerns about his ability to be an effective NFL pass rusher and thought Quinnen Williams was the better overall prospect and should've been the pick. Of course that still might be the case but Bosa is an absolute beast! It's pretty amazing to see a rookie 3 games into his career (and still not 100% healthy) so easily handle veteran NFL veteran offensive lineman. With his skill, strength and relentlessness, I can see him eventually being on the same level of a Khalil Mack, J.J. Watt, Clowney, etc.

I must have some sort of personal bias against Clowney because I think Bosa is already at or above his level and wouldn't put him (Clowney) anywhere near Mack or Watt. I have no reason or fact to say so but I've just never considered him a premier pass rusher, some dudes you just don't respect I guess. #antihomer
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Glad you've finally come to your senses, Ghost.

Originally posted by mayo49:

To be clear though, I wasn't a Bosa hater. I was just more of a Q-fan. I'm now 100% on the Bosa bandwagon.
You just did something not everyone can do, you get a chuck Norris thumbs up, and I don't mean that as a smart remark.

The production Bosa had generated is on par with a Von Miller, Mack, or any other top edge guy over the past decade. He's showing he can be the better of the Bosa boys.

What I liked about him coming out was his refined technical ability. He didn't rely on pure athleticism to win. The guys that do are extremely rare because the NFL is littered with exceptional athletes, you have to be even more exceptional to win by that and athletic ability is the first thing you lose, usually.

It's why pocket QB's win SB's past 30 and running QB's don't.
[ Edited by jonnydel on Sep 26, 2019 at 7:56 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

To be clear though, I wasn't a Bosa hater. I was just more of a Q-fan. I'm now 100% on the Bosa bandwagon.

Welcome.
Originally posted by RedGoldSquatch:

I must have some sort of personal bias against Clowney because I think Bosa is already at or above his level and wouldn't put him (Clowney) anywhere near Mack or Watt. I have no reason or fact to say so but I've just never considered him a premier pass rusher, some dudes you just don't respect I guess. #antihomer
Clowney is a very good player who should be great. He is almost as athletically gifted as Myles Garrett but doesn't get the production. He also was playing with JJ Watt and you'd expect more.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
You just did something not everyone can do, you get a chuck Norris thumbs up, and I don't mean that as a smart remark.

The production Bosa had generated is on par with a Von Miller, Mack, or any other top edge guy over the past decade. He's showing he can be the better of the Bosa boys.

What I liked about him coming out was his refined technical ability. He didn't rely on pure athleticism to win. The guys that do are extremely rare because the NFL is littered with exceptional athletes, you have to be even more exceptional to win by that and athletic ability is the first thing you lose, usually.

It's why pocket QB's win SB's past 30 and running QB's don't.

It's interesting that you write this because that's the reason that I wasn't totally sold on him. I didn't think he had the speed/quickness it takes to be a dominant pass rusher, and if they were going to take someone at #2 overall, they had to have the potential to be dominant. I didn't fully appreciate how advanced he was technically, and how much of a difference that would make. He really is amazing to watch, and can only get better over time which is a scary thought.
Share 49ersWebzone