LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 125 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I'm not ashamed to say that I was wrong about Bosa. I had serious concerns about his ability to be an effective NFL pass rusher and thought Quinnen Williams was the better overall prospect and should've been the pick. Of course that still might be the case but Bosa is an absolute beast! It's pretty amazing to see a rookie 3 games into his career (and still not 100% healthy) so easily handle veteran NFL veteran offensive lineman. With his skill, strength and relentlessness, I can see him eventually being on the same level of a Khalil Mack, J.J. Watt, Clowney, etc.

Glad you've finally come to your senses, Ghost.

To be clear though, I wasn't a Bosa hater. I was just more of a Q-fan. I'm now 100% on the Bosa bandwagon.

Welcome.

Originally posted by jonnydel:
Clowney is a very good player who should be great. He is almost as athletically gifted as Myles Garrett but doesn't get the production. He also was playing with JJ Watt and you'd expect more.

Clowney is one of those athletically gifted players who only occasionally plays up to his ability. Bosa is just the opposite. He isn't an elite athlete as far as speed and size go but he gets the most out of himself by working on technique. That should equate to a longer career as long as he doesn't get seriously injured. Speed goes away as you age and that's not what he relies on.
Still ain't what Aldon should have been but he has a chance to be a player we won't ever question why we picked him second overall. Like what I'm seeing and hearing thus far
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Still ain't what Aldon should have been but he has a chance to be a player we won't ever question why we picked him second overall. Like what I'm seeing and hearing thus far

Agree 100%.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4040982/quinnen-williams
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
So now we are counting almost got to the QB. But didn't quite get there.

Originally posted by cortana49:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4040982/quinnen-williams

Manny Lawson would've been a top 10 pass rusher in the league

Are you new to football?

btw how many pressures or sacks does your path to the SB have?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Brandon Graham got a huge chunk of money for being one of the best at doing just that. Constant QB pressure is better than an occasional sack. Bosa is setting the table for others to feast.

"I think if you look at the overall passing game, the statistic that stands out the most in terms of correlation is pressure. So pressure on the quarterback leads to more bad plays than sacks do, in terms of turnovers unless you have strip sacks, obviously. That's the No. 1. After that, pressures cause bad throws and potentially turnovers."-Bill Belichick

Who the hell is Bill Belichick and why should we trust anything he has to say about football?
More great Bosa news

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/128726-rates-49ers-productive-rusher-through-first-three-weeks/

I NEVER thought we'd be fortunate enough to land him.
  • thl408
Originally posted by genus49:

Brandon Graham got a huge chunk of money for being one of the best at doing just that. Constant QB pressure is better than an occasional sack. Bosa is setting the table for others to feast.

"I think if you look at the overall passing game, the statistic that stands out the most in terms of correlation is pressure. So pressure on the quarterback leads to more bad plays than sacks do, in terms of turnovers unless you have strip sacks, obviously. That's the No. 1. After that, pressures cause bad throws and potentially turnovers."-Bill Belichick

Who the hell is Bill Belichick and why should we trust anything he has to say about football?

Maybe Bosa is getting pressure but is purposely allowing the QB to get away so that he can make a rushed throw. Didn't think about that did we? It's football in the 4th dimension.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Haven't felt this confident about holding a lead late in the 4th quarter in a very long time.
Originally posted by thl408:
Maybe Bosa is getting pressure but is purposely allowing the QB to get away so that he can make a rushed throw. Didn't think about that did we? It's football in the 4th dimension.

Bosa out here playing 20D chess while all these other dudes are playing checkers.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Haven't felt this confident about holding a lead late in the 4th quarter in a very long time.

Ain't that the truth. I legit get excited now when the pass rusher get to just pin their ears back and get after the QB. Last year I swear I could pull out a sundial to time how long it took til we got pressure on a QB.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by genus49:

I think it's pretty obvious that with longer arms come more sacks instead of pressures....

Grant still b***hing FWIW
Share 49ersWebzone