LISTEN: Kansas City Week With Carrington Harrison →

There are 238 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I'm not ashamed to say that I was wrong about Bosa. I had serious concerns about his ability to be an effective NFL pass rusher and thought Quinnen Williams was the better overall prospect and should've been the pick. Of course that still might be the case but Bosa is an absolute beast! It's pretty amazing to see a rookie 3 games into his career (and still not 100% healthy) so easily handle veteran NFL veteran offensive lineman. With his skill, strength and relentlessness, I can see him eventually being on the same level of a Khalil Mack, J.J. Watt, Clowney, etc.
You just did something not everyone can do, you get a chuck Norris thumbs up, and I don't mean that as a smart remark.

The production Bosa had generated is on par with a Von Miller, Mack, or any other top edge guy over the past decade. He's showing he can be the better of the Bosa boys.

What I liked about him coming out was his refined technical ability. He didn't rely on pure athleticism to win. The guys that do are extremely rare because the NFL is littered with exceptional athletes, you have to be even more exceptional to win by that and athletic ability is the first thing you lose, usually.

It's why pocket QB's win SB's past 30 and running QB's don't.

It's interesting that you write this because that's the reason that I wasn't totally sold on him. I didn't think he had the speed/quickness it takes to be a dominant pass rusher, and if they were going to take someone at #2 overall, they had to have the potential to be dominant. I didn't fully appreciate how advanced he was technically, and how much of a difference that would make. He really is amazing to watch, and can only get better over time which is a scary thought.
Yea but his arms are short and he can't work in space
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
More great Bosa news

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/128726-rates-49ers-productive-rusher-through-first-three-weeks/

I NEVER thought we'd be fortunate enough to land him.
We have to thank jimmy for blowing out his knee on purpose just to get us in position
Originally posted by Cutitoff:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
More great Bosa news

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/128726-rates-49ers-productive-rusher-through-first-three-weeks/

I NEVER thought we'd be fortunate enough to land him.
We have to thank jimmy for blowing out his knee on purpose just to get us in position

Jimmy looked up at the score and said "time for me to do something".

Then he lowered his shoulder and yelled "FOR BOSA!!" As he intentionally destroyed his knee, all for the team.
Fantasy football has ruined fandom. Eroding the sense of team that most fans used to have. Now you have guys rooting for players on other teams. Boo-effin-hoo your player didn't get drafted by the team, they are now the adversary. It's okay to respect them, but it's b******t to s**t on your own teams player out of pettiness, with backhanded compliments, snide remarks, and other childish nonsense. If you're gonna call yourself faithful, why not be faithful?
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Fantasy football has ruined fandom. Eroding the sense of team that most fans used to have. Now you have guys rooting for players on other teams. Boo-effin-hoo your player didn't get drafted by the team, they are now the adversary. It's okay to respect them, but it's b******t to s**t on your own teams player out of pettiness, with backhanded compliments, snide remarks, and other childish nonsense. If you're gonna call yourself faithful, why not be faithful?

I hate fantasy football.

I still play it because I'm a weak minded punk in the name of social norms, but I loathe how popular it is.

I find betting on the spread to be 1000 times more hardcore for a football fan, but I digress....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
So now we are counting almost got to the QB. But didn't quite get there.

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
I don't remember anyone saying that Allen couldn't do those things. I remember several people saying he hadn't showed it yet, which is a huge difference, and a fair concern. I think a guy like that is a huge gamble. He could develop the skills to add with his crazy athleticism to be an awesome edge, or he could fail to put it together and be an Aaron Curry. The middle ground is a decent rusher who is athletic enough to do other stuff really well, like Brice Irvin. Personally, that isn't a gamble I'd take at #2, with a NFL-ready stud like Bosa available.

People wanting to act like Allen was getting sh!t on constantly are revising events, IMO. I would have been excited about Allen with a top 10-15 pick; I just wouldn't take him over Bosa. You have to nail a #2 pick (especially after taking Thomas at #3), and Bosa was, imo, a near-sure thing.

This
Seeing some dude get a lot of attention on twitter for comparing Nick bosa to cassius marsh because they have the same amount of sacks through 3 games
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Totally unsurprising stats. Sweat was probably the least nuanced and skilled of the top pass rushers in the draft. He has the highest learning curve of any of them.

Rashaan Gary says hi.

Phoenix doesn't understand what Gary's job was. Context man context

You guys are all jerks. I look forward to banning all of you.

Totally unsurprising stats. Sweat was probably the least nuanced and skilled of the top pass rushers in the draft. He has the highest learning curve of any of them.

Rashaan Gary says hi.

Stats proving Rashan Gary is better than QW right now.

Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by susweel:
Let's hope he can learn how to finish those sacks. Dude is great at beating his man but can't bring the qb down.

Yeah I'd rather have a sack than 2 of the ints he has caused with pressure

League leader in almost sacks.

Rashaan Gary says hi.

Originally posted by evil:
Stats proving Rashan Gary is better than QW right now.

I kid but you hurt.
Bosa most effective pass rusher in the NFL according to PFF. And he did it while falling down. FU you know who. 😆
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
Bosa most effective pass rusher in the NFL according to PFF. And he did it while falling down. FU you know who. 😆

hahha love your username
Share 49ersWebzone