There are 328 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Can't give somebody a sack that isn't credited with the NFL. It is an official stat afterall -- unlike several other PFF collected stats.

Not sure that Bosa can get official credit for that because a penalty was called, accepted and it effectively ended the quarter. Maybe the NFL can change it to a sack in that scenario. But it wasn't just a clean sequence to work with from a stat correction standpoint. Does the NFL wipe away the penalty yards and loss of down from the intentional grounding?

If he's down the penalty is moot. Can't ground the ball if you are down.

Right. I'm not talking about what SHOULD have been called. I'm talking about the NFL's ability to correct the stat given the sequence of events. We will see if they can.

They won't. The only people that even care is maybe Bosa and his fans. I have NEVER seen the NFL correct stats post-game in which they nullify a penalty and its awarded yardage and award a player an officially recorded stat instead.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by saj4423:
Still has not earned number 97 "forever Bryant Young"

So we cant say nothing good about him? Whats the point of this post lol

Give him time. Young played a few more games for the Niners than Bosa has.
How glad are y'all that exactly zero fans in here are the GM? If we'd have traded for OBJ, we would've traded away the pick that got us Bosa.....
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonnydel:
How glad are y'all that exactly zero fans in here are the GM? If we'd have traded for OBJ, we would've traded away the pick that got us Bosa.....

I don't remember a critical mass of fans wanting to give up #2 (Bosa) for OBJ. The overwhelming majority wanted OBJ... but not at that cost.

I don't remember a critical mass of fans wanting to give up #2 (Bosa) for OBJ. The overwhelming majority wanted OBJ... but not at that cost.

I for one was adamant that we trade anything other than #2 overall, because at that point it was a forgone conclusion that Murray was going #1.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I for one was adamant that we trade anything other than #2 overall, because at that point it was a forgone conclusion that Murray was going #1.
Yup. I'm not saying no one said that, but as my as my memory goes, I remember everyone being willing to give up any pick but the #2.
Originally posted by thl408:
I'm just gonna call him Boss. It's easier because I don't have to move my finger over one letter on the final keystroke.

My spell checker has been doing that all season
  • thl408
Originally posted by Dshearn:
I'm just gonna call him Boss. It's easier because I don't have to move my finger over one letter on the final keystroke.

Wow. Does your spell checker also know the winning Lotto numbers because obviously it can predict the future since it knew Boss would be a boss.
Originally posted by genus49:
I don't understand how PFF only gave Bosa 3 sacks when he clearly had a 3rd one taken away from him by the refs on the play before the flag celebration.

Knees were clearly down. #3 sack.

Can't give somebody a sack that isn't credited with the NFL. It is an official stat afterall -- unlike several other PFF collected stats.

Not sure that Bosa can get official credit for that because a penalty was called, accepted and it effectively ended the quarter. Maybe the NFL can change it to a sack in that scenario. But it wasn't just a clean sequence to work with from a stat correction standpoint. Does the NFL wipe away the penalty yards and loss of down from the intentional grounding?

They have before tho lol. They gave him 2 sacks for week 1. So they have their own grades on what constitutes a sack. Certainly bringing a QB down where his knees touch down before the ball is out is as easy as it gets to give someone a sack.

A few more games like that and nobody's going to be complaining about him wearing #97. I hope everyone who thought the Niners were making a mistake by going for him and not Williams are re-evaluating their predictions.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

Yup. I'm not saying no one said that, but as my as my memory goes, I remember everyone being willing to give up any pick but the #2.

It may have just been the frequency of the posts but I remember a lot of posts talking about swapping picks with the Giants from 2 to 6 and giving them next years first.
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

It may have just been the frequency of the posts but I remember a lot of posts talking about swapping picks with the Giants from 2 to 6 and giving them next years first.

Correct, and then the consensus was taking Burns at 6. But that was contingent on Bosa not being available at #2.
Originally posted by Dshearn:

Wow. Does your spell checker also know the winning Lotto numbers because obviously it can predict the future since it knew Boss would be a boss.

Pfff i am just glad i got 1 guy that understands my Boss typo errr correction
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Dude deserves & earned it this week no doubt!
Share 49ersWebzone