There are 278 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
What's funny is that he earned NFC Def player of the week over Myles Garrett who I would've thought to have AFC Def player of the week going up against Skule. My bad.
He wasn't named D player of the year so he sucks - Susweel
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Good article today about bosa being brash like jh was. you know what.. we have some fans here today running around bashing jh. calling him names and disrespecting the first coach to bring us some respect in years.. but we need some brash people like he was.. and if sherman and bosa want to run their mouth . thats fine with me. this will make jh haters crazy.. but truth is. aside from a better qb and less delay of game penalties.. this team so far is built like his were. run the ball and play good defense., and i hope another area that we did under jh will shine and that is our team bringing out the worst in other teams.

I loved Harbaugh when he was here, but he wore our his welcome fast, have no issues with him, or guys like Sherman/Bosa. But like said, Kyle is different coach, he's more dynamic offensively, where Harbs was supposedly a QB whisperer. But he was stubborn and wouldn't fire Roman, that was his downfall. Plus Jed's idioticness in keeping Baalke around so long, glad he got it right with Shanny and Lynch.

will not argue the offense is more dynamic.. jimmy has been a bit like alex so far which is fine but we know he can put the team on his back and win.. i just said... it reminds of that era cuz both teams run the ball well and play great defense. . we have some brashness like bosa and sherman which i love... its a lot better than the mooch crawl into a fetal position at half time vs tampa bay.
[ Edited by cciowa on Oct 9, 2019 at 8:48 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
What's funny is that he earned NFC Def player of the week over Myles Garrett who I would've thought to have AFC Def player of the week going up against Skule. My bad.

i sure did think garret would cause havoc.. what i forgot is when we ran the ball so well. it took him out of the game. i think the nice thing is that our guys can play the run pretty well along with bringing a violent 76 gold rush pass rush? gotta do old school
It really shows how much you need more than one big time player in the NFL. Most teams have coaches that can easily come up with a way to take one guy out of the game , even two. But when you have an entire front line that can disrupt like the Niners do you really have no place to go.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

i sure did think garret would cause havoc.. what i forgot is when we ran the ball so well. it took him out of the game. i think the nice thing is that our guys can play the run pretty well along with bringing a violent 76 gold rush pass rush? gotta do old school

At the very least I thought Garrett was gonna disrupt the running game and be hard to run at the left side. Honestly, until that sack after beating McGlinchey, Garrett was actually pretty quiet. Hopefully Shanahan can scheme for Donald some way and keep him off Jimmy G. too.
My only issue with his performance is that I feel on that last sack on Baker, he missed an opportunity to really squeeze his arms around him to totally incapacitate him, then give a quick lift before driving his head or shoulder into the ground. This way you either separate a shoulder or possibly concuss the QB. He will learn I guess.
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
He played alright.

Nfc defensive player of the week brahhh
Originally posted by T-9ers:
My only issue with his performance is that I feel on that last sack on Baker, he missed an opportunity to really squeeze his arms around him to totally incapacitate him, then give a quick lift before driving his head or shoulder into the ground. This way you either separate a shoulder or possibly concuss the QB. He will learn I guess.

To me it looks like he wanted to tackle him ASAP before gayfield could release the ball.

At the very least I thought Garrett was gonna disrupt the running game and be hard to run at the left side. Honestly, until that sack after beating McGlinchey, Garrett was actually pretty quiet. Hopefully Shanahan can scheme for Donald some way and keep him off Jimmy G. too.
I wonder what the snap count was for MG rushing against MM versus Skule. I really only noticed Garrett twice and both plays were against MM and not Skule.

Too bad he has such short arms, otherwise he could have been DPOW with...like...longer arms n stuff.

Nah, you don't want to do that....you want to keep Baker OUT THERE where he continues to be a tackling dummy.. Don't hurt him. We needed him on the field. Pure inferior. Tells you a little bit about the quality of talent he has played so far.

The 9ers D is so fast, so strong, so good, works double, triples and whatever. Plus it was Kitchen against Kyle. Another unfair matchup.

As for Bosa, a pair of sacks, 4 QB hits, FF, and FR. And frequently he was tying up 3 guys, and on several occasions , two of which he still got Baker. The guy is Superman. The funniest thing is his shoulders are so damn big , and he wears these trainer bra shoulder pads. He isn't worried about protecting himself with huge shoulderpads, he is worried about knocking OLs over and squishing QBs. His photos tho, in those toddler shoulder pads, really are weird looking.

There have been some other players in times past went with virtually no shoulder pads, but usually they were so muscular that they didn't need them any more than Nick does. Pretty sure he does that because it makes his huge upper body that much more nimble. Has anyone really stymied him yet.? Not that i can think of. And it is his upper body that lays OLs waste.. He is just flat out stronger, quicker, meaner, faster, Better. They are going to need to quadruple him to stop him,...but not sure if even that helps much.

Nick didn't look any different this game than the first 3, but he got 2 sacks and 2 fumbles (one recovered, one casused). It' was just a matter of time.

Nick Bosa....D P O W. .....yessss...and here we could have had QW , giving us 11 DTs but nope, we had to take Bosa. Dang i hope that is finally put to bed, forever. It was NEVER QW. It was ALWAYS Nick.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Nah, you don't want to do that....you want to keep Baker OUT THERE where he continues to be a tackling dummy.. Don't hurt him. We needed him on the field. Pure inferior. Tells you a little bit about the quality of talent he has played so far.

The 9ers D is so fast, so strong, so good, works double, triples and whatever. Plus it was Kitchen against Kyle. Another unfair matchup.

As for Bosa, a pair of sacks, 4 QB hits, FF, and FR. And frequently he was tying up 3 guys, and on several occasions , two of which he still got Baker. The guy is Superman. The funniest thing is his shoulders are so damn big , and he wears these trainer bra shoulder pads. He isn't worried about protecting himself with huge shoulderpads, he is worried about knocking OLs over and squishing QBs. His photos tho, in those toddler shoulder pads, really are weird looking.

There have been some other players in times past went with virtually no shoulder pads, but usually they were so muscular that they didn't need them any more than Nick does. Pretty sure he does that because it makes his huge upper body that much more nimble. Has anyone really stymied him yet.? Not that i can think of. And it is his upper body that lays OLs waste.. He is just flat out stronger, quicker, meaner, faster, Better. They are going to need to quadruple him to stop him,...but not sure if even that helps much.

Nick didn't look any different this game than the first 3, but he got 2 sacks and 2 fumbles (one recovered, one casused). It' was just a matter of time.

Nick Bosa....D P O W. .....yessss...and here we could have had QW , giving us 11 DTs but nope, we had to take Bosa. Dang i hope that is finally put to bed, forever. It was NEVER QW. It was ALWAYS Nick.

Nick was also talking to Baker during the game. Baker was apparently rattled.
I hope his play is consistent enough not only for us to keep winning but for him to get in the conversation for DROY

That and we called a TON of short passes or passes to get the ball out quick. I saw at least 5 or 6 times where Garrett beat our tackles around the edge but the ball was gone before he got there. Those throws that are 2 seconds or less are impossible for rushers to do anything about.
Share 49ersWebzone