Tests confirm 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk suffered season-ending knee injury →

There are 356 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
Hey I remember you or someone comparing Boss to Ryan Kerrigan - may never be the best, but a very consistently good Edge. I thought that was a good way to put it. Now, I'm thinking Kerrigan is Boss's floor. I'm looking for prime JJ Watt type of dominance now.

He gets on tackles so fast with his hands. Blockers are being on their heels pretty much as soon as the ball is snapped. With him out there next to Buckner its really pick your poison on who is going to beat you.
Hey I remember you or someone comparing Boss to Ryan Kerrigan - may never be the best, but a very consistently good Edge. I thought that was a good way to put it. Now, I'm thinking Kerrigan is Boss's floor. I'm looking for prime JJ Watt type of dominance now.

I thought Boss would have value to the team, and we had no choice but to take him at 2. I did not think in the end he was "worth" the second pick....

He certainly has looked jjwattish so far. His worst series has looked like a cornerstone defender.

His average series has look highly disruptive.

If he was dropped on a worse defense he might even have better stats. QBs don't get a chance to get comfortable and hold the ball for perfect throws against this defense.... that hurts your blind side rushers stats... not helps him. Bosa has to beat the best tackle on the other team even to get a shot at stats.

Right now... he looks like a franchise player with a technical skill set that will age really well. I really don't think we are looking at a player we hope to get 4 peek years from. He looks like a franchise guy that the 49ers will be very safe paying franchise money too.

I personally did not give the posters who said he was NFL ready enough credit. This guy entered the league with elite form and skills combined with good physical tools.

I really do think his game ages well... minus a career ending injury i think we are talking about Bosa for the next 13 seasons.

The 49ers struck gold with this pick. I am so stoke the 49ers got him.
[ Edited by Dshearn on Oct 10, 2019 at 2:16 PM ]
His game definitely ages well. That's something we heavily harped on in the draft forum. Hand technique, power, and pass-rush IQ don't erode over time.

Bosa is a big f**ker. His brother says he plays at 280 lbs. I wouldn't be surprised if Nick weighs similarly during games.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 10, 2019 at 2:23 PM ]
Originally posted by Dshearn:
I thought Boss would have value to the team, and we had no choice but to take him at 2. I did not think in the end he was "worth" the second pick....

He certainly has looked jjwattish so far. His worst series has looked like a cornerstone defender.

If he was dropped on a worse defense he might even have better stats. QBs don't get a chance to get comfortable and hold the ball for perfect throws against this defense.... that hurts your blind side rushers stats... not helps him. Bosa has to beat the best tackle on the other team even to get a shot at stats.

Right now... he looks like a franchise player with a technical skill set that will age really well. I really don't think we are looking at a player we hope to get 4 peek years from. He looks like a franchise guy that the 49ers will be very safe paying franchise money too.

I personally did not give the posters who said he was NFL ready enough credit. This guy entered the league with elite form and skills combined with good physical tools.

I really do think his game ages well... minus a career ending injury i think we are talking about Bosa for the next 13 seasons.

Solid post man!

Not many admit they were wrong.

Be nice to be talking about the Bosa Brothers for the next 10 years
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Solid post man!

Not many admit they were wrong.

I never doubted the talent. I doubted his durability.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I guarantee when it was December 99% of folks in here would've been ecstatic and praying for Bosa. But as the draft gets closer and we pick him you got guys crying, that's so typical here. We could be the raiders or giants

you sure? This was what you posted within minutes if him being drafted.

Lol you guys are screwed.
I hated bosa for a long while...
[ Edited by jonnydel on Oct 10, 2019 at 6:15 PM ]
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I guarantee when it was December 99% of folks in here would've been ecstatic and praying for Bosa. But as the draft gets closer and we pick him you got guys crying, that's so typical here. We could be the raiders or giants

you sure? This was what you posted within minutes if him being drafted.

Lol you guys are screwed.
I hated bosa for a long while...

I agree. I really didn't think he would hit the ground running, let alone be one of the best pass rushers in the league immediately.

His skill set is so technical, it should age very well.

I'm really excited about him and if he continues, he will be worth every penny he can demand.
Bosa has been great, not taking any credit from his play so far and being able to stay on the field. I do credit some of his great play from the rest of the dline playing great as well.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Oct 10, 2019 at 6:29 PM ]

The D-line was running under the radar until Monday, now everyone knows about them. Bosa, Buckner, Ford, and Armstead better bring it Sunday because I see our offense struggling and forces to throw 40+ times.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
The D-line was running under the radar until Monday, now everyone knows about them. Bosa, Buckner, Ford, and Armstead better bring it Sunday because I see our offense struggling and forces to throw 40+ times.

If the Rams have to try and use the same gameplan they did against the Bucs.....Goff is gonna get carted off by 5:23 in the 1st.

How's your team looking?
Originally posted by Oscar8325:
Originally posted by rathman4481:
Should have drafted Williams instead of Bosa

LOL, I was one that wanted Bosa but wasn't going to be too upset with QW. Damn was I wrong, it should have been Bosa or nothing. Thank our lucky stars that we got him, he's an absolute beast and is only going to get better. Thank you Cardinals for skipping on him, thank you Jimmy for getting hurt and allowing us to suck to be in position to land him.

Just like you, I wanted Bosa more though would have been okay with QW.

But isn't it just a liiiiiittle early to call QW "nothing"?
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Oscar8325:
Originally posted by rathman4481:
Should have drafted Williams instead of Bosa

LOL, I was one that wanted Bosa but wasn't going to be too upset with QW. Damn was I wrong, it should have been Bosa or nothing. Thank our lucky stars that we got him, he's an absolute beast and is only going to get better. Thank you Cardinals for skipping on him, thank you Jimmy for getting hurt and allowing us to suck to be in position to land him.

Just like you, I wanted Bosa more though would have been okay with QW.

But isn't it just a liiiiiittle early to call QW "nothing"?

Not right at this moment it isn't. That is subject to change though. Gotta do something to be something.
Share 49ersWebzone