LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 137 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Justin Fields is beyond f**ked week 1 lol

Bears are projecting to start Braxton Jones a 5th round rookie from Southern Utah week 1 at LT.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Bears are projecting to start Braxton Jones a 5th round rookie from Southern Utah week 1 at LT.

Helluva "welcome to the NFL, rookie"

If I'm the Bears I'm chip blocking him as often as possible. Thats the one area he seemed to struggle last year was getting chip blocked.
  • thl408
Originally posted by walker807:

If I'm the Bears I'm chip blocking him as often as possible. Thats the one area he seemed to struggle last year was getting chip blocked.

Bosa gonna be like Aldon vs the Bears in that MNF game when Aldon got 5.5 sacks.

With 15 sacks you're really not struggling with anything. All great pass rushers are going to get chipped, doubled and even tripled. What I see the Bears doing is bootlegs/play action and having Fields just flat out roll away from Bosa's side constantly. But it won't matter at the end of the day because for one their oline is pathetic from left to right and our whole dline in rotation can and will eat. Chicago is doing everything you can do to f**k up a young qb from day 1, this is some David Carr vibes

With 15 sacks you're really not struggling with anything. All great pass rushers are going to get chipped, doubled and even tripled. What I see the Bears doing is bootlegs/play action and having Fields just flat out roll away from Bosa's side constantly. But it won't matter at the end of the day because for one their oline is pathetic from left to right and our whole dline in rotation can and will eat. Chicago is doing everything you can do to f**k up a young qb from day 1, this is some David Carr vibes

Is Fields any good throwing while running to his left?
  • thl408
Originally posted by YACBros85:

He threw a damn nice TD on the run going to his left vs the 49ers last season. Don't know if that's who he is, or he got lucky.
Originally posted by thl408:

He threw a damn nice TD on the run going to his left vs the 49ers last season. Don't know if that's who he is, or he got lucky.

Damn. I thought if he wasn't as good rolling out left we could put Bosa on the opposite side. All well.

Damn. I thought if he wasn't as good rolling out left we could put Bosa on the opposite side. All well.

He's got the talent, it's the processing that is the problem. Along with the bears O line obviously. Maybe he can prove us wrong but he really needed to come into a simple but well schemed offense and a good O line to maximize his potential as he grew into the NFL game. But as Fred mentioned ... he could be the next David Carr story.
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Aug 19, 2022 at 10:44 AM ]

Fields is talented and can move and throw on the run but when you're pressured all day and especially don't have the weapons around you you're going to struggle no matter how talented you are and athletic. It's going to be a grueling long day for him come Sept 11. Jags will be better than Chicago this year
[ Edited by FredFlintstone on Aug 19, 2022 at 10:44 AM ]

Fields is talented and can move and throw on the run but when you're pressured all day and especially don't have the weapons around you you're going to struggle no matter how talented you are and athletic. It's going to be a grueling long day for him come Sept 11. Jags will be better than Chicago this year

Some teams are just clueless at how to build a team. Fields has the talent to be the best QB they've had probably since the 1950s. Unfortunately he has no receivers and a poor O line. The defense isn't good enough to hold the other team down so he's going to lose a lot and lose his confidence. He's in a situation like Alex Smith. Unless the Bears hire the right guy and build that team up then he'll have to leave and go somewhere else if he wants to be a good QB. By then he could be damaged emotionally and physically.

He's at his best when throwing on the run
Originally posted by lamontb:

He's at his best when throwing on the run

Because he struggles to diagnose and throw from the pocket so he's gotten tons of experience throwing on the run avoiding the pass rush that comes when his protection breaks down waiting for him to make up his mind about what he wants to do.
Bosa going to dominate this season. Defensive Player of the Year and All-Pro.
Got tons of help at the other side this year to help take away some pressure/double teams from him because if they keep doubling him everyone else going to eat!
Not sure if this has been posted but for those who haven't come across it, it is a great listen.

Share 49ersWebzone