LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 154 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Of course he gets held a lot. Wouldn't you hold if you were an O lineman? All D linemen that can rush the passer get held a lot. The O line knows that the officials aren't going to call it that often so they do it. It sucks but stopping the game after every play for a penalty wouldn't be good either. You can bet the 49er O linemen do their share of holding as well.

One guess on why they don't call holding more. Thirty million dollar QBs. They don't want every team losing their starter when a guy like Bosa comes crashing in. The sheer facts are that most O linemen can't stop the big athletic pass rushers without holding.

I just wish they would call the stuff that is Obviously Blatant where the Oline is not even trying to hide it. If you do some holding I'm fine with but wrapping your arms around the guy is just making it a mockery of the rules.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Of course he gets held a lot. Wouldn't you hold if you were an O lineman? All D linemen that can rush the passer get held a lot. The O line knows that the officials aren't going to call it that often so they do it. It sucks but stopping the game after every play for a penalty wouldn't be good either. You can bet the 49er O linemen do their share of holding as well.

One guess on why they don't call holding more. Thirty million dollar QBs. They don't want every team losing their starter when a guy like Bosa comes crashing in. The sheer facts are that most O linemen can't stop the big athletic pass rushers without holding.

I just wish they would call the stuff that is Obviously Blatant where the Oline is not even trying to hide it. If you do some holding I'm fine with but wrapping your arms around the guy is just making it a mockery of the rules.

I do idly wonder what the prevailing opinion is on what offensive linemen should be these days. I remember years past about retired offensive linemen losing a significant amount of weight after retiring and revealing that they were basically made to put that weight on in the first place by their NFL coaches.

Obviously you don't want weak(weakish) 260 pound offensive linemen dealing with NFL defensive linemen. But as athletic and fast as these guys are now, I don't think adding a bunch of weight is always advisable either. Not if it sacrifices some quickness lightness of foot.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

It's pretty obvious watching on TV, I wonder if refs just don't want to call it all the time and disrupt the game? I dunno.
Dude had 14 pressures last night 👀 to put that in perspective, LA had 5 total.
Pay the man Gonna be the highest paid defender in the league
[ Edited by lamontb on Oct 4, 2022 at 8:29 AM ]
Should probably change the title now to Nick "NICK" Bosa
Originally posted by Alfienator:
BDN
Originally posted by Alfienator:

And any threads on Chargers Message boards about Joey Bosa should be titled: Joey "Nick" Bosa
Pay him all the monies.
Originally posted by OhioNiner:
Maxx Crosby is better though.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Jesus, even while being held every play he's dominating, he looks better than he did pre ACL injury.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Pay the man Gonna be the highest paid defender in the league

Next offseason he's going to get at least $32M a yr, maybe as high as $35M a yr, $110M GTD, $85M Fully GTD IMO.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Those of us that put money on Bosa to win DPoTY lookin good right now. But then again Parsons plays for the Cowboys so Bosa may get f**ked
BDN
Share 49ersWebzone