LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 139 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Has Joey Bosa ever played to the level that Nick is at right now?

Joey is no slouch, but Nick is better. There was a clip of Joey talking to a teammate during a game saying that his little brother is better than him.
It seems to me that the coaches should work with Bosa for him to show the refs more visibly how he's being held. And make a bigger stink of it. He has said that he's so intent on getting to the QB that he doesn't notice much else. He could work to be more aware of the holds and draw the refs' attention to them.
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Has Joey Bosa ever played to the level that Nick is at right now?

Joey is no slouch, but Nick is better. There was a clip of Joey talking to a teammate during a game saying that his little brother is better than him.

Joey was talking about Nick in the top-100 video. Essentially that he's not trying to compete with Nick anymore (i.e. Nick is better than Joey can be, and Joey is a pro-bowl player).
Originally posted by TyCore:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Who keeps/determines the "times held" stat?

If this is accurate, he's being held over FORTY times per game.

It honestly felt like he was being held on every play last night, and the sad thing Is, most of the time It's blatantly obvious.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by TyCore:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Who keeps/determines the "times held" stat?

If this is accurate, he's being held over FORTY times per game.

It honestly felt like he was being held on every play last night, and the sad thing Is, most of the time It's blatantly obvious.

Bosa is an absolute beast!
Originally posted by Alfienator:

This is arguable. Pressure up the middle is more valuable and harder to generate than edge.

They are both great. Joey has been better for longer but probably percentage wise generates less up the middle. At this point it's probably a coin flip.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Jubwub88:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Haberman and Middlekauff posed this question… who has more by the end of the season: Bosa-sacks or Jimmy-touchdown passes?

Not even hard. Bosa sacks if he remains healthy

Bosa.

Even if unhealthy, I would still go with Bosa sacks.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
This is arguable. Pressure up the middle is more valuable and harder to generate than edge.

They are both great. Joey has been better for longer but probably percentage wise generates less up the middle. At this point it's probably a coin flip.

The scary thing is I don't even think Nick Bosa is done developing as a pass rusher. Joey Bosa is as good as he is going to get, As far as who he is right now.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
BDN
Yup, the real BDN. Still make me smile that the year we sucked, he's the consolation prize after Murray opted to go to NFL the same time Kingsbury became Cards coach. Then we hit Deebo in the 2nd round. What a hell of a draft just those 2 altering franchise players. You add contributing players like Greenlaw in the 5th and Wish in the 4th, what a nice haul for that year. I agree with the previous poster that Nick looks more explosive compare to pre ACL Nick. What a player
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Oct 4, 2022 at 4:30 PM ]

Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

The scary thing is I don't even think Nick Bosa is done developing as a pass rusher. Joey Bosa is as good as he is going to get, As far as who he is right now.

Nick is a more complete player, more consistent and you see it by how the league doubles him more than anyone, including Aaron Donald. He's low key having a DPOY type season
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Nick is a more complete player, more consistent and you see it by how the league doubles him more than anyone, including Aaron Donald. He's low key having a DPOY type season

kinlaw and jackson need to emerge
Can we start a change.org petition to get the NFL to make their refs call at least a few of these holds?
Originally posted by ubaisore:
Can we start a change.org petition to get the NFL to make their refs call at least a few of these holds?

As annoying as these holds are it's a pandemic for these star edge rushers. I don't think it's outside the realm of possibilities the refs have been told to flag less holds as it slows offense and that's all Roger wants. But the refs have been emphasizing illegal contact on defense cause yeah more points mean more viewers and that's what Roger cares about.
Originally posted by ubaisore:

Then they'd just call them on our team, so nah.
Share 49ersWebzone