There are 196 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Single season sack record and 1-2 more highlight-reel plays and he'll be in the MVP discussions. He should be already.

They should have separate Offense & Defense MVP awards.

They do. MVP is a QB award cause honestly it's the most important position in football and it's not really close. Then OPOY and DPOY is a non QB MVP award.

The bolded is the problem. Whoever is voting is too lazy to actually watch games and see who the actual best/most valuable player is. It's easy to just give it to a QB every year, but that doesn't make it right. Bosa is absolutely every bit as valuable and impactful as Mahomes this year, if not more.
Single season sack record and 1-2 more highlight-reel plays and he'll be in the MVP discussions. He should be already.

They do. MVP is a QB award cause honestly it's the most important position in football and it's not really close. Then OPOY and DPOY is a non QB MVP award.

The bolded is the problem. Whoever is voting is too lazy to actually watch games and see who the actual best/most valuable player is. It's easy to just give it to a QB every year, but that doesn't make it right. Bosa is absolutely every bit as valuable and impactful as Mahomes this year, if not more.

Someone who touches the ball every offensive play. Who makes sure the offense is lined up and gets the offense into the best play call every play. Edge is incredibly important but it's no where near what a QB does. Sorry I don't like arguing against the merits of Bosa but I'm just being realistic. I've seen a Colts team lose their starting QB and get the 1st pick in the draft. I've seen this defense lose Bosa and still be a top 5 Defense.
Looks like Bosa will win DPOY over Parsons. Parsons has been quiet the last few games.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Looks like Bosa will win DPOY over Parsons. Parsons has been quiet the last few games.

I'll be diving head first into the salt the Dallas fans will be throwing on Reddit when that s**t happens.
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
There are, IMO, only four players in the league currently worth close to as much as a good starting QB: TJ Watt, Myles Garrett, Micah Parsons, and of course, Nick Bosa.

Bosa has 37 sacks in his last 34 games (since the ACL injury).

TJ Watt after the 2021 season is the only statline that outpaces that (38.5 sacks in 31 games) but obviously this year has taken a step back with his injury keeping him off.

Bosa just turned 26 and still has his fifth-year option. Garrett is 27 and Watt is 28, both on monster extensions.

Bosa is the most valuable non-QB in the league right now. I hope he does what Aldon couldn't do: be our franchise edge rusher for the next decade.

Bosa is only 25. He turned 25 in late october.

Wow, you're right! He's actually only ~1.5 years older than Parsons

Dude has a decade of really good football left and I hope we get him locked up for most of that this offseason!
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
If we had followed up on our original plan to get a second Premier Edge rusher opposite bosa, he would have an additional 6 sacks just right now. And our team sack total would be double what it is.

I can't even think about it the vision of it is so destructive.

Yes, Bosa (and our defense as a whole) would benefit from a more established edge rusher on the other side. When he was healthy, Dee Ford was a very good complement to Bosa. That 2019 pass rush was absolutely lethal with AA and DeFo in the middle too.

But with salary cap considerations and limited trade capital, there weren't a lot of options without overextending ourselves. Still though, Drake Jackson in the 2nd round looks solid in limited snaps. Hopefully he develops into a guy that can rack up a lot of sacks.

Yea. It was electric. You could feel panic as the other guys came up to the line.

We should have been drafting Edge and not stop until we found the guy. Rather than wasting third rounders on slow lumbering running backs we didn't really need in the first place.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

Someone who touches the ball every offensive play. Who makes sure the offense is lined up and gets the offense into the best play call every play. Edge is incredibly important but it's no where near what a QB does. Sorry I don't like arguing against the merits of Bosa but I'm just being realistic. I've seen a Colts team lose their starting QB and get the 1st pick in the draft. I've seen this defense lose Bosa and still be a top 5 Defense.

Then just call it the best QB award. Of course the QB is "the most important." Purdy is our most important player, by far. As was Jimmy when he was playing. From that perspective, even Purdy is more "valuable" than Bosa. But is he the MVP of the team right now? Hell maybe he is lol.

Then just call it the best QB award. Of course the QB is "the most important." Purdy is our most important player, by far. As was Jimmy when he was playing. From that perspective, even Purdy is more "valuable" than Bosa. But is he the MVP of the team right now? Hell maybe he is lol.

I do call the MVP a QB award.
Jarret stidham will be pooping his pants when he sees nick bosa coming for him . I honestly feel kinda bad for the kid, they really had to throw him in there against this defense and the dpoy
Originally posted by lamontb:

I'll be diving head first into the salt the Dallas fans will be throwing on Reddit when that s**t happens.

Tears for days.

Bosa is about to have his Flu Game on Sunday

Dude has a decade of really good football left and I hope we get him locked up for most of that this offseason!

As long as he avoids injuries, his pass-rush style is going to allow him to play at a high level for a long time.
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Jarret stidham will be pooping his pants when he sees nick bosa coming for him . I honestly feel kinda bad for the kid, they really had to throw him in there against this defense and the dpoy

Not good for us. We have to game plan with no data. That's bad.
Originally posted by Heroism:

As long as he avoids injuries, his pass-rush style is going to allow him to play at a high level for a long time.

Imo he's the type that can transition to more power like Justin Smith later in his career as well.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Bosa is about to have his Flu Game on Sunday

They might sit him. I wouldn't mind. Don't think we need him to beat these hapless Raiders.
Share 49ersWebzone