There are 210 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Does anyone have an updated double team rate for bosa? There is a nice chart out there x axis double team rate y axis pass rush win rate. I can't find the most recent numbers though.
Parsons had an assisted tackle.

not gonna cut it
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
According to betting odds, the DPOY is basically a two-man race between Bosa and Parsons. Dallas plays tonight so it'll be interesting to see if the race changes at all by the end of the day.

Bosa is -1000 and parsons is +600. It's really a 1 man race

Right, but everyone else has +10,000 or worse odds.

Update: Race is probably done, now. Parsons had 1 fumble recovery tonight but no sacks, TFL or forced fumbles. Looks like this is now Bosa's award to lose barring a monster Week 18 from Parsons.

Yea, I barely watched any of that garbage game, was more into FSU/OK and wash /Texas. Seems like he didn't do much from just boxscore watching. Certainly not enough to jump ahead of bosa, woulda needed to have a monster all time great game for that.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Bosa is about to have his Flu Game on Sunday

They might sit him. I wouldn't mind. Don't think we need him to beat these hapless Raiders.

lol good one.
Originally posted by BP22:
Originally posted by linkboy:
Or he can just knock all three out at once.

8 sacks

• Breaks the team record (currently 19.5).
  • Breaks the league record (currently 22.5).
  • Breaks the most sacks in a game record (7 held by the late Derrick Thomas).
Hell, why not 10? just for fun?

Nobody is ever going to break Derrick Thomas' record. 7 sacks in a game is impossible today with all the holding they allow.

@ 4:45 when she said "so for the 2nd part of our interview"

also omg GEORGE KITTLE I LOVE YOU
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Dec 30, 2022 at 1:47 AM ]
In 2012 when Aldon Smith ended the season with 19.5 sacks, he averaged 40 pass rush snaps per game and had a 3.0% sack rate. Bosa is averaging 32 pass rush snaps per game and has a 3.9% sack rate. If looking at pass rush win rate (all pressures), Aldon was at 13.0% and Bosa is currently at 17.3%.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Dec 30, 2022 at 4:29 AM ]
Bosa schooling Fred Warner on pass rush moves. Looks like he is coaching the coaches too.

• thl408
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Bosa schooling Fred Warner on pass rush moves. Looks like he is coaching the coaches too.

As long as we don't see Warner teaching Bosa how to do a zone drop, we're good. Warner gonna whoop some RB's ass on a blitz now.
Originally posted by thl408:

As long as we don't see Warner teaching Bosa how to do a zone drop, we're good. Warner gonna whoop some RB's ass on a blitz now.

It's extremely impressive how in-sync Bosa's hands/hips/feet are. You can tell he's practiced it so much that it's essentially a natural motion for him and he doesn't have to think as much - just pin his ears back. The results are obvious

When Bosa was drafted I wasn't 100% sold on him because I didn't watch a lot of Ohio State games. I was worried that he was being hyped because he was Joey's little brother. Once I got to see him play I realized that he was the real deal. Plays hard on every down and is a constant problem for whoever he faces.

Whenever I hear him talk I find it hard to believe it's the same ferocious guy that I saw play during the game. He almost sounds like Sean Penn in Fast Times at Ridgemont. He sounds like he just woke up from a nap. Maybe he's just saving all his energy for the games.
Originally posted by tankle104:
It's extremely impressive how in-sync Bosa's hands/hips/feet are. You can tell he's practiced it so much that it's essentially a natural motion for him and he doesn't have to think as much - just pin his ears back. The results are obvious

His timing is also so impeccable. Notice how every swipe lands on his third step. Also, it's crazy how good and comfortable Bosa is attacking from both left and right. That's super rare.

I remember telling people during the draft process that Bosa as a true Freshman was more technical than 99% of the edge rushers in the NFL. It wasn't hyperbole.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by thl408:

Yeah, it's already been said he pass rushes random objects like hand sanitizers lol
At this stage can we just remove the "No Politics" from Bosa's thread title? This dude is the best player on our team and hasn't said one thing remotely political as a 49er (even really before so). Guys like Trey Lance have been way more political in his short stint. Politics shouldn't be in any player thread and mods should feel free to warn / ban away.

Just feels like a divisive misnomer and slap in the face to a dude who has been the perfect 49er.
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Dec 30, 2022 at 9:23 AM ]
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
At this stage can we just remove the "No Politics" from Bosa's thread title? This dude is the best player on our team and hasn't said one thing remotely political as a 49er (even really before so). Guys like Trey Lance have been way more political in his short stint. Politics shouldn't be in any player thread and mods should feel free to warn / ban away.

Just feels like a divisive misnomer and slap in the face to a dude who has been the perfect 49er.

Yeah I agree. Everyone should know now that there is the Parking Lot to discuss nonsense like that.

Just Warn someone who tries to bring that here, and Ban them if they continue.
Share 49ersWebzone